The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.
Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2009 3:50 pm    

Right after I posted above, my son walked in & handed me Connie's package of picks. His mail box is 50 yds. ahead of mine & a different number. They had probably been there 4 or 5 days. I guess our mail person can't read names or numbers. Anyway, gotem Connie. Andy H.

Bob Moore

N. Rose, New York
Post  Posted 2 May 2009 3:11 pm     pics

Andy Thanks I got the picks and they fit perfecly. I will show them to the players in my area. Thanks again for the fine service. Bob Moore

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 May 2009 7:06 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Thanks Bob; Hope you enjoy them a long time. Appreciate you plugging them too. It's hard to keep the add onthe front page without a lot of bumping which I prefer not to do. Thanks again EVERYONE. Andy H.

Darren James

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 11:40 am    

I sent you money through Paypal for a set of the picks.

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 3:48 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Thanks Darren: I sent you a email but thought I'd post too. The picks are packed & will be mailed tomorrow AM. Keep the orders coming fellows. Still not geting rich from this but are making a lot of new friends I hope. Got a hundred Heavy guage National backordered, when I get them I
'll do apost in anouncements. Andy H.

Jack Ritter

Enid, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2009 11:35 am    

Hi, Andy

Just got my JF and National picks back you coated for me and man, these are it!! Very comfortable and no slip. The 6 red and 6 black lets me use 1 of each color and I won't have to look for the index finger pick . Just grab the black one and put it on. You did good!

Thanks-----Jack

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 May 2009 5:11 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Thanks Jack: I'm glad you're pleased with my little coating service. these kinds of posts makes it worthwhile.
Just got an order w/check from Ret. Colonel Jim Newman for 2 sets of Nationals, on recomendation of Lee Holeman. Jim is a Dobro picker. THANKS LEE. Who knows. Maybe I'll get some picks on the Alison Krouse show yet. If I had Jerry's address, I'd send him a pair, gratis, to try out. Smile Smile Smile Keep on happy pickin' Andy H.

Howard Hughes

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2009 8:03 pm     Coated Picks

Andy,
I Would like to Place a Order for 1-Set of Red Picks, and 1-Set of Black Picks (Nationals, If You Still Have Some?) if not Then The Dunlops will Be fine.

Just sent A Payment Via Pay Pal and A Deserving BUMP^^^^.

Thanks, Andy - Howie hhughes1200200@yahoo.com
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥

Last edited by Howard Hughes on 29 May 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 3:17 am     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Thanks Howard: Only had 1 black Natl. left. Got a hundred comming someday I hope. Also getting 40 small Dunlops for the Guys & Girls with small fingers. I'm trying. Musicor just ain't helping. Sad Sad . Andy H.

Ron Castle

West Hurley,NY
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 10:20 am    

Andy
I sent you a paypal in April for 3 .025 picks
any color- but you havent picked it up yet??

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 10:28 am    

Andy, I got the small Dunlop's today. Tried them and they are probably a bit too small, but they fit and work. I'll take them (and use them) for "show and tell" next week at our Florida Steel Guitar Club jam.

If you get some regular National NP2's in, Let me know as I'd like to buy a coated pair.

Thanks.

Chuck Wilson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 12:17 pm    

Thanks Andy - Great picks!

Comfortable and colorful :>}

Darren James

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 12:51 pm    

Jack Ritter wrote:

Very comfortable and no slip. The 6 red and 6 black lets me use 1 of each color and I won't have to look for the index finger pick . Just grab the black one and put it on.

Thats a great idea. I wish I had thought of it. I've only ordered 1 set so far. Maybe next week I'll order a 2nd set in a different color so I can do this.

Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 3:15 pm    

A few years ago I made my own coated picks.
I went to Walmart and bought a can of that coating used over pliers etc. for elrctrical use.
It worked fine.
Not sure if they sell it anymore, so I'm sure Andy's
picks will work the same way and you don't need to buy a whole can to make up a pair of picks and throw the rest of the can away as I did because once you open the can it will begin to harden.
Don

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 4:57 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Dang Don: You done blew my Secret! Very Happy Very Happy . Actually I haven't tried to make it that. In this fast paced world we live in no one has the time to do it plus all that wasted coating. Thru trial & error I've got it down where everybody wins a little & nobodys pockets get picked. Haven't had 1 negative response yet. Counted the tubes afew days aggo. I've shipped over 1,000 picks. Hard to believe.
Jack; I hpoe to have some more nationals next week & more off the small Dunlops too. Connie Mack gave me an idea for a coated metal thumb pick. I'll be experimenting with that soon. Will announce it if it works out.
Ron Castle; Your order has not come to my acct. with p/p. I think what happened, & it's happened before, you didn't get the underscore between the n & the 6 in my email address which is paypal add, also. please try it again. might cancel the unclaimed one then start new. Thanks all. Andy H.

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 5:01 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Darren & Chuck: Didn't mean to slight you, Ijus ran out of room to type. I trully appreciate ALL you guys. Andy

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 6:22 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Correction on the numbers; that's over 4,000 picks. Even more amazing too me. Andy H. bob' Guess I better send you another donation. Very Happy

Chuck Huffman

Sonora, California, Now Living in Siloam Springs, Ar. USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2009 7:38 pm    

Hello Andy,
Wanted to say I love these picks. I haven't had any problem with slipping and they feel good on the fingers. I don't know if it's just me but I swear I'm getting a better sound. It might sound odd but I used to get a little noise with the picks with out the coating. Since using these I get a more solid sound. Might be because I'm a newbie but I can see I'll be pickin with your picks.

Thanks

Ron Castle

West Hurley,NY
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 3:45 am     paypal

Andy
I cut and pasted your paypal email from pg1 of this thread, didnt re-type it, but it didnt go thru.
Could there be a mistake there?

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 5:06 am     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Ron: Yes, there appears to be a problem doing it this way. I sent you a email about this. Hope it clears it up. Chuck; Thanks for the testimony! Haven't heard this angle about better sound. might be a different angle on the blade from what you've been using. That will affect it. Glad to hear the please you tho. Andy H.

Ron Castle

West Hurley,NY
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 5:54 am     thanks

Andy- I resent the papypal, thanks for the email
your initial post has your email as:
paypal--andyhinton_6@hotmail.com
You should probably edit that to remove the
paypal-- and just leave the rest- I was pasting the whole thing which is why it didnt go thru-
sorry for the hassle

Connie Mack

phoenicia, new york
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 6:47 am    

hi andy,
received my kysers,nationals and my two homemade thumbpiks yesterday. while i am not able to play up to speed omly having a picking hand, i was still able to give them a bit of a test run....

andy, these are great. i like these brands better than the dunlops and the thumbpicks are killer.

i always thouhgt that the plastic thumbpicks robbed you of a bit of volume and had a slightly different tone than metal fingerpicks. the metal ones were just always uncomfortable. problem solved. i even bent that short one a bit and got it to fit right. i'll send you one of my home-mades if you want when i can use my left hand again.

EVERYBODY has got to try these sets. at first they feel awkward. but after 15 minutes you realize you can loosen them up. after an hour, you're sold.

i betha you could do a money back guarantee and not loose.

thnx again, connie

Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 8:18 am    

Andy
I'm not knocking your picks either.
Just bringing up all the trouble I went to make 4 picks and all the waste I had afterwards.
Best to you and your Picks.
Don

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 May 2009 1:38 pm     Coated fingerpicks ; the last mod.

Didn't take it as a knock Don. I understood your message & appreciate your good wishes. I knew I wouldn't make a mint when I started & made some mistakes along the way. It's been my hope to help the Steel Brotherhood with an old problem & be able to keep doing it as long as there's a need. Again Thanks! Andy H.

Howard Hughes

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2009 11:40 am     Coated Picks

Andy,
I Received My Picks Today, 1-Set each (Red/Black),They were a little large for Me, I will Keep on Adjusting until I get them to Fit. Maby I Need to Order 1-Set Ea (Red/Black) of your Small Dunlops Due to My Small Fingers.(Must have lost the extra weight when I Had a Mild Stroke Awile Back?, Please Let Me know when you Get Those In, THANKS THESE PICKS ARE GREAT!!! - Howie Very Happy

BUMP^^^^
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥

Last edited by Howard Hughes on 29 May 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total