The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Love the new Jackson 'Pro IV' Steel Guitar!
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2009 9:04 pm    

What a great time I had at the Dallas show ...thanks Albert and Debbie Talley (and all the workers) for another incredible show!

There are so many terrific steels being made, but I was extremely impressed with the new Jackson Pro IV D-10 I played in the Jackson room. I kept coming back to play it! It especially surprised me by the sweet bell like tones and sustain above the 15th fret where a lot of steels begin to choke.

I found the Jackson steels have a wonderful overall balance in all tonal ranges with excellent string separation. David Jackson was very helpful how the right steel guitar bar can help enhance your overall tone.

The Jackson family (Harry-David-Dawn)have once again proven they know how to build a cutting edge steel guitar...Their father Shot would be very proud that a new steel guitar legend has been birthed. I strongly encourage anyone looking for a new steel to check out the Jackson guitars!

Last edited by Bill Simmons on 20 Mar 2009 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2009 8:15 pm    

Bill,
I'll second everything you said! I too have a Pro IV on the way and a BlackJack also. I'm also loving the Shot Jackson Commemorative that I'm using on the road now til mine gets built. All of the Jackson models are great....just depends on what sound you're looking for. It's such a pleasure to do business with such great people like David, Harry, and Dawn.

Take care,

Tim

Charlie Tryon

Glovertown Newfoundland, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2009 4:37 am    

Well Bill have you placed the order for that PRO IV yet????? Your Mom and Dad told me that they okayed it so get going. I have both the Commemorative and a PRO IV and love both of these guitars. David, Harry, and Dawn are the greatest people to deal with and they want you to be happy with your guitar and will do what it takes to make it happen. They are just great people period.
Bill we sure have a great time makin music with your Mom and Dad,they are so much fun to be around.

Your Bud Charlie

T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2009 5:22 am    

Bill,

Please allow me to mention what a great player you are. The Jackson steels are superb to say the least. Your clean technique and skill above the 12th fret contribute to the magical clarity up high. I think I may have sold a few amps after folks heard you playing through my combo amp in the Jackson demo room('Smile')

All the best,

TC

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2009 5:18 pm    

I did quite a bit of noodling on the red Pro IV in the Jackson room myself, very nice guitar indeed --- although I was actually testing out TC's 15" box with Brad's new tube preamp, I couldn't help but notice how nice the guitar was to play.

I think Rusty Rhodes played his set through this combination and it sound awesome !
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2009 7:50 am     Jackson Steel Guitars

Bill you are absolutely correct on the new Jackson guitars. David and Harry was helpful in every way and the tone and playing ability of the guitar was nice.I have known both of them since the 70's and there good people to do business with. Jim

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2009 11:49 am    

hey tim..what are the main differences between the commemorative and the pro IV models....they both look nice!