The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  * * * Updated, Jerry Dube's Funeral Arrangements, * * *
Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 7:37 am    

This was posted today in the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

Gerald J. "Jerry" Dube
Dube, Gerald "Jerry" J. Age 70 of Hinckley, formerly Forest Lake Beloved Husband, Father, Grandpa and Great Grandpa Died November 11, 2008 peacefully surrounded by his family at home. Longtime road maintenance supervisor of Franconia Township. Life-long musician and member of Minnesota Rock/Country Hall of Fame. Survived by beloved wife of 49 years, Gayle and their children Jerome (Cindy), Ronald (Rose), Douglas (Kathy), Patrick (Nancy); 12 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; 2 brothers Bob (Elaine) and David (Cecilia); numerous nieces, nephews and other extended family. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 PM Saturday, November 15, 2008 at St. Peter's Catholic Church, 1250 South Shore Drive, Forest Lake, MN. Visitation Friday from 4-8 PM at Mattson Funeral Home, 343 N. Shore Drive, Forest Lake, MN with time of sharing and prayer service at 7:30 PM. Burial at Calvary Cemetery, Forest Lake. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to the family. 651-464-3556. www.mattsonfuneralhome.com

Jerry had blessed me very much with his gift of friendship. I will miss him. God Bless you Jerry. As they say, "Till we meet again"

steve

Here is information if you'd like to send a memorial to the family

Gayle Dube
10103 Dahl Rd.
Hinckley, MN. 55037

Alternate Address:

C/O Jerome Dube
4524 236th Ave. NW
St. Francis, MN. 55070

Last edited by Steve Schmidt on 12 Nov 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joe Savage

St. Paul, MN
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 7:51 am    

Steve,
Unfortunately, due to my gig obligation, I can't attend either. Can you PM or email me the home address so I can send a card? Thank you.
Joe

Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2008 4:56 pm     steve

sorry to here about loss of your friend. I will pray for you and the family and love ones. Remember friend when you meet again he will have a brand new body. No more pain, sorrow . may God bless

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 4:11 am    

bump

Burr Oxley

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2008 11:04 am    

The loss of Jerry is a big one! We have seen him play dozens of times at various events.

We saw him at the NE Iowa Jam just 2 weeks before his passing, so I'm happy that he was still able to get around and enjoy himself even late into the progression of his illness.

Requiescat in Pacem, Jerry!

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2008 3:31 pm    

Bump

Jerome Dube

St. Francis, Minn. USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2008 6:14 pm     A Heartfelt Thank You to all of Dad's Friends

I just want to thank evereyone who has Extended
thier Prayers and well wishes to Dad over the last Year. It is and will forever be a special memory about just how many great Friends he had. That includes all our Musician Family as well.

A Special Thanks goes out to Lefty & Barb Schrage along with Mark Wayne and Jumpin Stevey Steeler.

You are very special folks indeed.

We will continue to attend all future Shows & Jams as this is what we Love too, Hopefuly some day I can
take over where dad left off on stage.

Thanks Again and God Bless

Jerome Dube

Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2008 6:44 am    

hi Jerome,

Barb and I thank you sincerely for asking us to participate in the celebration of your Dad's life. As you know, Jerry meant so much to both of us and it was evident he touched many, many other lives too. We'll miss his warm personality, humor, and creative steel playing. He was our hero.

The hugs, acceptance, friendship, openness, and caring expressed by all members of the Dube family make you guys truly unique. We'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Be proud of your Dad, Jerome. And let us know when you're ready to jam w/ us at the Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show.

...lefty & barb