The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tommy Cass / PSG repairs / restoration / sales in New Englan
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2000 8:03 am    

This past weekend I took a drive to Gardner, Mass, where Tommy Cass did a "tune up" and installed some new parts in my old push-pull Emmons. I highly recommend Tommy for any PSG mechanical work. Tom restores old steels to like-new condition. He completely rebuilt my steel in 1988, and when I went to pick it up... I didn't recognize it! It was brand-new and shiny all over again. Tom can make knee levers and many other parts. He highly polishes all metal parts to a mirror finish. His work is Terrific!

I had Tommy install a half-stop raise on my 1st string on the E9 neck. As you know, this is a bit of work on the push-pull, as compared to the newer guitars. So now I have the F# to G# change on string 1... and I didn't have to give the F# to G change to get it. Hey, this is a big deal for me. It's my first modification to my set-up since 1978!

Anyway... New England players who need PSG mechanical work can contact Tommy Cass at tcass@banet.net or call him at (978)632-5878

Tom always has reconditioned pedal steels for sale. Yesterday I got goose bumps playing a beautifully restored 1970 Emmons D-10 through an old Webb amp. Heavenly!

------------------
www.dougbsteel.com

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2000 6:44 am    

^

George Erickson

Ipswich, MA USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2000 12:54 pm    

I'll second that!!!!
I brought my Lagrande out to Tommies this summer for an oil change and grease job. Tommy found loose screws and mis adjustments that I didn't even know.
Tommy does great work and he is affordable.
George