The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Louisville Steel Show
Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2000 7:04 pm    

Has anyone heard any information on a steel show in Louisville, Ky. on July 16th? It's supposed to be sponsored by the Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club and I think that Lynn Hardaway is VP. If anyone has any information please post a time and location and send me an e-mail. I know a couple of the guys that are supposed to play there but that's about it.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2000 3:03 pm    

Hi Walter
The event is the 2nd annual Hall of Fame show. Admission is a $7 donation to the SG Hall of Fame. Invited players include Scotty, Don Curtis, Billy Robinson, Greg Jones several players from the Indy Steel Club and some regional players. We will open with our annual picnic an noon est., and have music until early evening. The venue is "Russell's Shed" about 6 miles west of I-65 on highway 44. [Exit 117 off
I-65]. This according to their latest newsletter.
Jerry O.
I should state that this is about 15 miles south of Louisville, Ky.

[This message was edited by Jerry Overstreet on 11 July 2000 at 04:06 PM.]

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2000 3:20 pm    

To whom it may concern:

I will also be at the show outside of Louisville this Sunday, the 16th. I just was able to confirm the date yesterday, so we hope to see all of you there.

Herby Wallace

------------------

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2000 5:42 pm    

Allright Herby! I would have mentioned your name had I known you were going to be there! I serve the club in no official capacity, so am only privy to the info in the newsletters.
Everyone is welcome to attend the show and you all know the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame is one good reason to part with a lousy $7!

Jerry

JACK HEERN

MURPHYSBORO,IL. USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2000 5:47 pm    

Herby dont forget your steel

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2000 6:39 pm    

Hey Jerry, we really had a great time at your show. A very enjoyable afternoon, and the food was great. I wish I had gotten to meet you but maybe next time, one thing for sure next year will require more space. I did get to meet some of the club members and Lynn and company surely did make us feel right at home. Some great playing and also some great singers. My wife and I stayed as long as we could but had to leave about 7PM and it was still going strong. Looking forward to next year, just keep us posted. Folks here is a show that you need to mark the date, its definitely on the move upward for bigger and better things. Steel guitar is alive and well in Kentucky.

Jim Burden

Georgetown,Indiana,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2000 5:49 am    

Walter; sure was great to meet you,Your boy Greg can play that steel. Ain't it great,just the second annual show and we have already blown the walls out of our facillity. Hope to see you at St.Louis Jim B.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2000 7:22 pm    

Walter, glad you enjoyed the show. I'll pass along your kind comments to the club officers when I see them. While I can't take any credit for the show's success, I personally thought it was one of the best our little club has ever been involved with. They also announced that this is to be an annual event 3rd Sunday in July from now on. In addition to the partial list of players above, we had some nice surprises. Jim Vest and Rob Parker among them and several supporters from the Central Ky club.
Sorry I didn't get to visit with you...I was at the PA all day.
A lot of the club members worked their tails off sitting in on other instruments in support of the steel players also.