The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Yet MORE thanks, this time from Herb
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Yet MORE thanks, this time from Herb
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 6:14 am    

Very Happy

I had a great time at ISGC, and I want to thank Scotty for having me on the show again this year, and thanks to all the folks who came by my booth to get product or just talk steel guitar for awhile.

I noticed a whole lot of people discussing steel guitar the entire weekend, in fact. It seemed to be the major topic of conversation.

The band was great, and why not? I've played with these same guys for years now. Ben Brogdon is one of the funniest men on earth. I handed him a chart to my opening tune "At Sundown," and told him I'd never played the song in public before. Right back at me came "What a COINCIDENCE!!" Of course, he nailed it. Laughing

It's a drag, but if you have a product table in the hallway, you miss most of the show. But I did take a little time away from my product booth to listen to some of the onstage music. The Canadian Connection opened my eyes. My friend Jim Loessberg and his wife Dottie Jack were excellent as usual, Mike Johnson knocked me out totally, and Terry Bethel in the Peavey room played mightily. Ron Elliot is a beautiful, sensitive man and his playing reflects his personality.

It was a good weekend. Thanks, y'all.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 7:33 am    

HERB I agree with you totally about having a booth in the hall an not getting to see nor hear the show at all. but i did get a lot of very positive feedback from my booth and lot of people were totally amazed with what they herd and seen from my max-tone modification.. I certainly appreciate you stopping by and giving them a listen to.......many thanks my friend hope to see you next year for sure.

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2008 7:36 am    

Herb....Your playing was top notch Sunday as usual. It was a pleasure to see you again. I can't wait for Bowman to finish building my P/P guitar so I can get on that lesson I bought from you...Best wishes and thanks for all the friendly conversation....James

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2008 12:02 am    

Herb,

It is always a pleasure to meet you, talk to you and hear you play. This year was no exception. You played a great set! Enjoyed it very much.

See you next year!

Best Regards, Walter

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2008 7:31 am    

Herb on the main stage.

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2008 7:39 am    

Thanks to you too--it was a pleasure to meet you and talk with you!

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2008 8:19 am    

Herb,

It was great chatting with you on the weekend. You sounded great on the mainstage. I'll be seeing you in Dallas.

Duane Brown

Reno,Nevada USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2008 3:41 pm    

Herb, it was a real pleasure to see you again and to hear you play that wonderful old PP Emmons. You played great and that guitar-what a tone! See you in Dallas. Duane

Kurt Kowalski

Kendall, NY USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2008 5:21 am     Sorry I missed ya Herb

Herbster my pal,

I am sorry I missed you this year. I could not be in St Louis
(as I am going through the big "D" and I don, t mean Dallas) and could not make it... there fore I was also not able to do my duties in the sound booth as usual this year leaving them down one... but I will be there again next year.

Hope all is well with you my friend and I sure!!!

You were a, "steel man walking"!!! (sorry folks, private joke w/ Herbster - ya kinda had to be there)

Chat soon and God Bless!
-k-

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2008 5:19 pm    

OH! That big "D". Sorry to hear that Kurt. Sad

This was my first time back in 6 years and believe it or not a few folks remembered my name. Smile

NSGC/ISGC-1974---2002

ROGER