The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. A BIG Thank You From Mickey Adams, and Mullen Guitars
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  A BIG Thank You From Mickey Adams, and Mullen Guitars
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2008 3:36 pm    

Im sure Mike and Del would agree, that we all had a great time this year at ISGA. I personally want to thank all of you that stopped in to see us, hear us, and play the Mullen G2, and RP guitars.
There is always an air of excitement created by the steel guitar enthusiasts that come from around the world not only to hear, but to learn more about the steel guitar. This year we were treated to some real surprises from Scotty.
I am very proud to be affiliated with such a wonderful group of people. Austin Stewart, and Tyler Hall are two of our "top guns"...Austin is 14, and Tyler is 21, and they play like the pros....Very inspiring!!!
Along with seasoned professional players like Russ Hicks, Herby Wallace, Danny Hullihan, and Jerry Newberry, we are striving to bring you the best built steel guitars available today.
Im already looking forward to the Dallas show,and hopefully Phoenix this year as well...We'll be looking for you all!...Mickey
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2008 9:06 pm    

Well, thanks Mickey. It was a pleasure to meet you and hear you play. I'd also like to thank Del, Ms. Dixie, and Mike for making me feel like one of the family. They really are great people.
Maybe this year I can finally make the Dallas show...

Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 3:50 am    

Hello Mickey. It was nice meeting you this weekend. I enjoyed hearing you on lead guitar and steel guitar and you have a great voice as well.

We would also like to thank Del, Dixie, and Mike, for letting us hang out with them.

Dana

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 6:00 am    

Mickey, I think we all had a good time in the Mullen room & the Jefferson room. Good picking and singing. Thanks Del, Dixie and Mike for having us.

Donna

Greg Meteyer

New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 5:46 pm    

Hay Mickey ..... sorry to give you such a hard time with all the analysis (you did good though)! Anyway, it was nice meeting up with you and Mike ..... along with Austin, Dana, Jerry, Donna and Tyler (all great folks)! Can't wait to see all the pictures you took Saturday night. But if you're thinking of being a photographer full time, I don't think I'd quit your day job just yet!

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2008 6:38 pm    

Mickey, you're a true gentleman and a great player. It was a pleasure getting to know you throughout the weekend, and I regret not getting to pick your brain for an hour during the weekend. I look forward to seeing you again in Dallas!

Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2008 12:55 pm    

I just saw a blimp over Dallas that looked like Mickey Adams!! HA! Can't wait to visit with you in October in Dallas. I have watched Mickey play since the day he got his first Gold Top Epiphone (1969?). The rest is history. He toured with the "Buck Star Review" across Europe, Japan and the USA. He finally decided to make a living a began piloting planes. I'm glad to see Mickey back into playing, but even more so, teaching.

Best of luck to you in Dallas. I know there is a lot of talent out there, but I am surprised that you aren't doing a regular gig yet; or, are you?

Chow,

Tim

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2008 1:07 pm     Lol

Teaching right now Tim...thanks for the post...Playing weekends....staying busy!...Friends for life bro...Mickey
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2008 9:32 pm    

Thanks Mickey, had a great time singing with you and doing the show at the Mullen Jam on Saturday Night with you at the Convention.

Let's do it again!!!!!!!

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2008 4:35 pm     Meeting Mickey Adams

It was a pleasure to meet Mickey. I,ve been watching him on u_tube for a good while . He is doing some good teaching on there,, And is such a nice person. It was fun picking some in the Mullen room. The G2 is the best sounding guitar that I,ve sat under. And they are the best playing instruments in the world (to my taste) Buck Grantham