The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rudy Osborne's New CD
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2000 9:39 pm    

Forumite Rudy Osborne (a.k.a. "pdl20" here on the Forum) has a new CD out, and I'm proud to announce that we are selling it from the Forum catalog.

This is really a steel player's album. If you like country steel at all, this one will be in "heavy rotation" at your house for quite a while. Great tone, technique and high production standards.

------------------
-b0b- ... Click Here for Forum Products
-System Administrator

Last edited by b0b on 17 Sep 2020 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2000 8:14 am    

I received the following email, which speaks for itself: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><SMALL>Hello Bobby !! From Bobby j Gibson: Master Engineer: CEO
OAKWOOD ONE PRODUCTIONS

We all would like to think you for the nice review on Rudy Osborne's CLASSIC-N-STEEL Project. I would like to add, on top of the World Class players we had on the project, it was Rudy's smooth in the pocket original playing style and wonderful tone of the EMMONS STEEL that made the over all sound of the album.

I know your readers will ask? How did they get that Steel to sound so smooth? The Steel was recorded direct to the 56 x 112 Mackey console using a (Mono to a Stereo Pair) with a Dyna Comp Compressor in line, with absolutely NO Effects and NO equalization, with the exception of a ALESES Quadra Verb for the reverb for the Steel only in the final Mix! All the Acoustic instruments and Electric guitar were also recorded and mixed with No equalization. The album was recorded on a MCI 2 inch 24 track Analog tape machine and transferred to ALeses 32 track 20 bit digital tape.I Mastered the album on the Computer using the Sound Forge 4.5 PRO software, and finally I output the project to a Tascam Digital Glass Master.

I tried to capture as close to the natural sounds of the instruments as I could and it paid off !!! This album is a real ear experience for anyone, and is a must have for the Steel Guitar fan

Thanks

Bobby j Gibson
</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>