The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. International Steel Guitar Festival, Chanos Curson, France
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  International Steel Guitar Festival, Chanos Curson, France
Digby Hardy

Hampshire, UK
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2008 12:33 am    

It's just 6 weeks to go to the first International Steel Guitar Festival in Chanos Curson, France. We've completed preparations at the venues and even worked out menus for the meals. Tickets and meals can be booked on-line.

This event is aimed at encouraging people to play the steel guitar particularly those who own one. We want to get closet players out of their bedrooms and bathrooms and onto the stage. In order to avoid complete anarchy we've got Basil Henriques to come along and add a touch of class.

Seriously though, the show runs over the weekend of Friday 19 September to Sunday 21 September, so if anyone is on vacation in France at this time you are very welcome to come along. All the information you could want is on our website http://www.chanos-isgf.org

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2008 2:41 am    

Of course we all know that Chanos- Curson is a picturesque village nestling among the Crozes-Hermitage vineyards which mark the commencement of the Rhône plain. It is situated between the foothills of the Alps to the east and the hills of the Ardèche to the west. Stunning views in every direction combine with a wonderful climate, world renowned wines and exciting local cuisine to make Chanos the ideal place to hold an International Steel Guitar Festival. And all of this is just 5 minutes from the Tain l’Hermitage turn off from the A7 autoroute.

The RHONE valley !! where some of the world's most respected wines and grape originate.. Pat and I will be touring the area from the 17th to the 25th just sightseeing and sampling the local cuisine etc.. Along with our friends, Rod & Rosemary, Digby and Chantal etc..and hopefully making a few new ones..

Methinks our friend below has had just a smidgen too much Châteauneuf-du-Pape !
Of course there are those who hate the pedal steel "that much", I'll be doing what I can to redress the balance and demonstrate it's place in Hawaiian Style playing, a la Jules Ah See, Billy Hew Len, Danny Stewart, the Tavares Bros. etc. I'll also be playing my Emmons over at the Country Venue

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2008 3:01 am    

Just for fun try "Googling" "floods in chanos-curson france"
This is what I got ...