The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA Blue Lacquer Micro Classic S-10
Brian Allen

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2008 6:45 pm    

For Sale: 1976 MSA MICRO CLASSIC LACQUER S10 (5 pedals x 4 knee levers) 3 pedals functional-last two pedals would just need rods. Probably ordered this way w/ anticipation of adding more pulls later. CHECK OUT THE COLOR- AN INCREDIBLE LOOKING TRANSPARENT BLUE OVER BEAUTIFUL BIRD'S EYE & CURLY MAPLE - EMAIL ME FOR MORE PICS. Double raise double lower changer-standard back then for these MSA's. This is truly THE closet guitar. It has been kept under the bed for the last 10 years. Guitar is in great shape cosmetically and mechanically!! I would rate this guitar a 9 out of 10. Standard Emmons set up. Undercarriage is like new. The entire guitar is basically like new. Look for yourself!! And how often to you see a blue lacquer MSA. Very rare!! Also has the SUPER SUSTAIN PICKUP on it. Metal is polished to a mirror finish and knee levers are anodized black. Case is in good shape with nice green lining & still has the key .
This steel sounds as good as it looks ..... Great !!!

( My lovely wife & kids just gave me a Millenium D-10 for Father's Day, or
else this Blue Lady would not be for sale. )

PRICE: $1,700.00 O.B.O. PLUS $60.00 SHIPPING (LOWER FORTY-EIGHT & CANADA ... USA-shipped from Vermont ... Canada- shipped from Quebec )
Any questions I can be reached at:
email: <studio>
phone: 450-539-3868

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2008 8:42 pm    

Beauty! I had a burgundy lacquer U-12 and it was a stunner. Someone should grab this one for sure.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2008 10:30 am    

OH NO, not another blue one. Sad Send me the other pictures you have of it. Is this the guitar that sold here on the Forum 6 or 8 months ago, or have you had this one a while? This would match my blue Heritage archtop nicely. Smile
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2008 7:04 pm     MSA Blue S-10

Darvin,
It's the same one. I sold it to Brian. This is a fine guitar.

Brian, good luck with your new Millenium.

Al Vesel
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 7:34 am    

Beautiful!!! Good thing it is missing strings 11 & 12 - I personally don't like blue ones, but might have to make an exception.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 5:17 pm    

Outstanding MSA Brian. If my ex-wife wasn't suing me I would much rather have sent you the money for that fantastic blue beauty than sending it to my lawyer. Hey, maybe my ex will suddenly become reasonable and my lawyer will represent me for free...and pigs will fly.
Anyway, best of luck on the sale ane if my lawyer sends back the retainer I'll be in touch.
Duncan

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2008 7:50 am    

Pleeeeze, somebody buy this guitar, I can't hold out much longer. Sad Sad Sad
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2008 9:50 am     Sweet!

If I did not already have my original 1976 this one would be a goner! I just added a fourth pedal and a vertical so it 4 and 5 now. I put the Bill Lawrence 705 on mine in 1976.

That is a beauty. Want to trade for a 1967 Super Reverb????

Brian Allen

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2008 4:27 pm     MSA Blue Lacquer Micro Classic S-10

Ken, nice Axe! Thanks for the offer but no trades, I'm a happy camper with my
Prosonic. I'm having trouble posting new pics ... will try later.

Brian Allen

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2008 5:05 pm    

Please Close. The Blue Lady has been sold to Forum member Lou Slater pending payment. Donation to follow.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2008 7:10 pm    

Whew,that's a relief. Smile Seriously, I would loved to have had this guitar in my collection, but I already have enough projects to keep me busy for a couple of years. This would have been another "project" for me, in that I would have had to make several parts to put my normal setup on it.