The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Who all is going to St. Louis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Who all is going to St. Louis?
Jimmy Duvall

Farmington,New York, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2008 8:52 am    

Bonnie and I will be there and staying next door . We'll be on our way back coming from Arizona .

Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2008 12:36 pm    

I will be there, can't wait to see everyone. I fly in on Thurs. afternoon, and out on Sunday evening.

Have a safe trip to everyone that is coming, and stop by the Mullen Booth on the inside of the ballroom and say Hi to me throughout the weekend.Check out the NEW MULLEN G2, there will be one set up there. If you like my Sho~Bud hat design, make sure to stop by and pick up a brand new Black with White embroidery MULLEN hat, it is the same style hat as mine and the same price. $20.00

I will also have some Sho~Bud hats for sale, and my CD's.

Let me know in advance via email if you have a special color request and I will try to accomidate you on the Sho~Bud hats.

If anyone needs a singer, all you have to do is ask, that is why I am there.

www.redkilby.com

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2008 6:49 pm    

Red Kilby wrote:

If anyone needs a singer, all you have to do is ask, that is why I am there.

Red, would you be willing to do me the supreme honor of being one of this year's Mike-ettes?

I think you already know the word (note the use of the singular) to my song. Mr. Green

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2008 4:51 am     (Chris Caruso)

Hey Chris!
Manny Escobar and I will be going this year...we'll all get together for dinner again.
Can't keep us New Englanders away from the ISGC.

Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2008 8:49 am    

That will be great, Tony. Maybe we'll be lucky and get the same cab driver!

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2008 7:00 am    

Hey Chris,I'm waiting for Smiley to make up his mind about going if he is then I'll fly into Nashville a week early....Smileys talking about doing Franks show again so I guess you'll have to put up with me again one way or the other... Rolling Eyes

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2008 11:17 am    

I was going to skip this year but, I'm just now deciding to go. Would anyone like to split a room with an old grey fat guy that loves steel guitar? I'm planning on arriving Thursday and leaving on Sunday but haven't made flight arrangements yet. My E-mail is redgington1@satx.rr.com. Roger

Marty Kerluk

Toronto, Ontario Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2008 6:22 am    

I'm booked and intend on going no matter what the fuel prices are. It'll be my first steel convention and I'm very excited about attending.

Dean Dobbins

Rome, Ilinois, U.S.A. * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2008 8:46 am    

Chris--when you guys go to dinner, be sure to try ihe Finger Saandwitches!!!

Dean Dobbins

Rome, Ilinois, U.S.A. * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2008 8:48 am    

Chris--when you guys go to dinner, be sure to try ihe Finger Sandwitches!!!

Rose Peters

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 12:49 pm    

My husband{Johnny Peters} and I will be there.We both enjoy the show and the other rooms.Reservations already made for Fri. & Sat. nights . He has to play Sunday Afternoon in Kewanee IL.SO WE Will be leaving early Sunday morn.

Joel Martin

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 9:47 pm    

I just registered! This will be my first convention and I'm really looking forward to meeting and hearing lots of you nice folks

Best,
Joel

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2008 11:51 am     Who all is going to St. Louis

Wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be there with Bill Stafford, as usual, and anyone else who cares to have a singer in their show.
The contest with Russ Hicks "Officiating" should add something to the show.
They don't call him Honest Russ for nothing..........
Looking forward to seeing all our friends again. I'll especially be glad to see Ms. Jean Hughey again.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Cheryl Yates

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 7:00 am    

I just made my reservations and can't wait.

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 8:18 am    

I'll be there again. Fortunately it's only about a 5 1/2 hour drive from the Cincinnati area, so the gas prices won't keep me home.

Mike, I hope you can make it. This is the first time I'll have been there for the Talent Search/HoF night (Thursday).

I'm planning to play golf somewhere on Friday with my old HS golf team mate. We've remained best friends but have not teed it up together since 1974. He always kicked my a$$, but I think I've become a better "score keeper" since then. Laughing

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2008 12:46 pm    

Ron, I just bought my non-refundable plane tickets, so I guess I'll be there.

I hope you realize that I'm interpreting your post as your volunteering to be a Mike-ette. Laughing

DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2008 8:49 pm     ISGC

I'm pleased to see that soo many people do plan to come to St. Louis this year. If you will drive at the old 55 mph speed limit, like we were forced to drive some years ago, it will help your milage.

We have our "Canadian Connection" players back with us to play the late Friday Night Concert. Just look at this line up!

Steel Guitar - Al Brisco, Steve Smith, Jeff Bradshaw and Bob Taillefer
Lead Guitar - Steve Piticco
Bass - Andrew Affleck
Fiddle - Don Reed
Drummer - Jay Riehl (Vince Gil sound alike)

Al and the band will also perform on Saturday afternoon and I hear that they just might also back up Norm Hamlet on his portion of the show. WoW!

Speaking of Saturday it will be interesting to not only hear but also see Dee Floid play. Why you might ask? Dee has only ONE ARM - THE RIGHT ARM! He has no LEFT ARM! He holds the bar, picks the strings and execute harmonics all with the right hand!

There are many more exciting things that will be happening this year, some of which I can't reveal as I am sworn to keep it confidential. You may already know that Country Music great, Johnny Bush will be back with us at the Friday night opening ceremonies, but you don't know the names of two more super country and western entertainers that will be with us.

The schedule is 95% done now. I am still waiting on several of the players to confirm. We will have 16 of what I call "regulars" back with us and 9 new names plus some players coming back after a long absence. I hope to have the schedule finished by the first or second week in July. If I make it, then I will post the names at that time. Of course, the schedule is subject to change at any given time. Scotty

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2008 7:34 pm    

Hey Skipper, wished I could be there with all of you, however, I wont be able to make it this year, thank you for all you have done for me. I'll always remember how kind you were to my wife Marilyn during the last days of her life. You have done me proud and made her happy and proud as well.

Best Always...

Jody.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2008 10:36 am    

My friends,

I love you all, but "conditions on the ground" prevent me from traveling this year. I'll be there in spirit, and I hope to listen to much of the show on SteelRadio.com. Maybe next year things conditions will be more favorable. Smile

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2008 9:23 am     Re: ISGC

Scotty,

Where's the schedule?

thx

bob

(I'm booked and ready Smile

DeWitt Scott wrote:
I'm pleased to see that soo many people do plan to come to St. Louis this year. If you will drive at the old 55 mph speed limit, like we were forced to drive some years ago, it will help your milage.

We have our "Canadian Connection" players back with us to play the late Friday Night Concert. Just look at this line up!

Steel Guitar - Al Brisco, Steve Smith, Jeff Bradshaw and Bob Taillefer
Lead Guitar - Steve Piticco
Bass - Andrew Affleck
Fiddle - Don Reed
Drummer - Jay Riehl (Vince Gil sound alike)

Al and the band will also perform on Saturday afternoon and I hear that they just might also back up Norm Hamlet on his portion of the show. WoW!

Speaking of Saturday it will be interesting to not only hear but also see Dee Floid play. Why you might ask? Dee has only ONE ARM - THE RIGHT ARM! He has no LEFT ARM! He holds the bar, picks the strings and execute harmonics all with the right hand!

There are many more exciting things that will be happening this year, some of which I can't reveal as I am sworn to keep it confidential. You may already know that Country Music great, Johnny Bush will be back with us at the Friday night opening ceremonies, but you don't know the names of two more super country and western entertainers that will be with us.

The schedule is 95% done now. I am still waiting on several of the players to confirm. We will have 16 of what I call "regulars" back with us and 9 new names plus some players coming back after a long absence. I hope to have the schedule finished by the first or second week in July. If I make it, then I will post the names at that time. Of course, the schedule is subject to change at any given time. Scotty

DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2008 9:53 pm     ISGC

FLASH! The estimate for the price of gas for the Labor Day Weekend indicates that it will have no effect on the Convention. Feel free to drive on in!

A room gets canceled from time to time at the Millennium. If you are looking for a room let me know the dates you require and I'll watch out for one for you.

Scotty

Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2008 10:51 pm     Johnny Bush and Mystery guests

Ill be looking forward to hearing Johnny Bush again and the ??? Mysterians, its always lots of fun at this event. If Bill Ferguson would stop having so many guests in the sound booth we could get more sleep, But he is a party guy !!! He brings so much snack food that Im "forced" to help him eat it or he could wind up with a waist that looks like mine...I hope you bring more of them cookies Bill and appreciate my "Sacrifices" for you guys, You know us sound guys dont ever get time to eat "real food" during the convention. We always have a few surprises for the Convention and this year will be no different, Hope all are safe and C'mon down to the Show Me State and the Big Show !!!
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase

Rick Alexander

Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2008 12:25 pm    

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it - Herb Remington won't be attending the ISGC this year due to the fact he has contracted to play in the Patsy Cline show in Houston.
The show is scheduled to run for many weeks, 5 nights a week - so that precludes his attending the Convention.
We'll miss him there to be sure, but on the other hand it's good that he has this steady good-paying engagement.
This will be the first ISGC he has missed in many years.
I'm still going of course, and Jeff Strouse will be going with me. I'll be playing a set in the Hawaiian Show with LT and the gang, and holding forth at my vendor table the rest of the time.

Looking forward to playing in the show and to seeing friends old and new.
See you there !

BIG STEEL

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2008 5:47 am    

We just got conformation that the Newberry's and Stewarts will be there!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. See ya'll there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2008 1:24 am    

I can't make it this year either. I have 3 jobs that weekend and one is with The Texas Playboys. Don't dare miss that. I have been honored to play ISGC several times. The first time Jimmy Crawford invited me to set in with him,that was 79 or 80. Next time was the year Joan won the talent contest. I was in town with Little River Band, 81 or 83. I had to follow Joan. Should have grabbed her up then. Scotty has had me on 4 or 5 times since and I am very grateful. Maybe again someday. I hope Joan still goes, she has'nt missed one since 1976. This will be 32nd in a row for her. So far she is not on the list of players but I want her to go anyway. All the players that are scheduled are great.
Personnally it is getting more difficult for me to go now that Jeff, Hal, John, Jimmy D. and Jimmy C. Tommy Morrell and Curly are all gone. No more Speedy or Leon or Weldon. Now Buddy E., Buddy C., Lloyd and Tommy W. are choosing not to come. It seems that when I walk into the hall I get very sad. Getting old really is beginning to suck. Everyone enjoy the show this year, I'll be there in spirit.

Johnny