The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

In hindsight, how much would you have paid for this classic Sho-Bud Maverick?
$600-$999
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$600-$999
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$1000-$2650
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$2651 +
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Author Topic:  ** Classic Sho-Bud Maverick ** SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!
Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 2:37 pm    

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your interest in the original, rare manual for the classic Sho-Bud Maverick pedal steel guitar I have for sale.

By the way, the price for the Maverick package has unfortunately gone up again. It is now $550 plus shipping. It pains me to keep raising the price because doing so undoubtedly pushes this instrument beyond the means of the next Bobbe Seymour, Jerry Garcia or Bruce Bouton.

I think copyright forbids me from providing you with a duplicate of this manual, Sean.

Probably the best option would be for you to purchase the manual for $425 plus shipping and I will pack it safely in a durable three-latch case. For added protection I will place the manual in a rectangular wooden gift box decorated with playing card symbols and simulated wood veneer. I'll brace the corners of this package with sturdy metal rods and securely wrap all of the above with 10, three-foot lengths of wire (wound and unwound).

All the best,

Eric

James Harrison

New Brockton, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 10:33 pm    

To all posters. The question is, is Eric correct in his ad? If you are not a recording artist or concert steel guitarist do you need a $4000.00 guitar or will a $500.00 starter guitar be just as good, if it has the same features, such as 3+4? I have been playing different instruments for over 70 years and I can play no better on a $10,000.00 instrument than I can play on $200.00 instrument if it is in good condition and setup correctly. I sometimes jam with some guys that have vintage Stringmasters and Martin D41s and they jump time and cannot play on pitch any more than if they had a $100.00 instrument. So I say get an instrument that has all the features you will ever need and practice every day and you may learn enough to warrant buying an expensive instrument. Let Bobbe Seymour or others play your inexpensive instrument and see if you need a higher priced instrument or if you just need to learn to play better. This is just my oppinion. I have always said it is not what you don't know that will cause problems, it is what you do know that is not right that will cause problems.
James

Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 16 May 2008 11:11 pm    

Edited to remove a hazy, late-night indecipherable post. Apologies.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2008 8:12 am    

And it never needs polishing.

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.

Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 24 May 2008 6:09 pm    

TTT!

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 May 2008 10:12 pm     psg

I thought April Fool's Day had already passed last month! Apparently this guy ain't a steel player.

Mike Benzschawel

madison wi
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 5:39 am     costly instruments

hey james, thanks for the healthy reminder. it's so easy to get caught up in the "if i get that then i'll play more/better etc" especially with all these beautiful instruments! Cool

Bob Bowden

Vancouver, BC, Canada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 May 2008 7:13 am     Re: psg

Billy Carr wrote:
I thought April Fool's Day had already passed last month! Apparently this guy ain't a steel player.

He would sure make a good used car salesman though Very Happy

Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 27 May 2008 9:31 am    

I'm going to level with you all. I haven't received much feedback from people interested in purchasing this classic Sho-Bud Maverick. Crazy, I know.

So I'm going to increase the price again -- this time to $650 -- and hope that it catches the attention of collectors. (Once again, it's the beginner players on tight budgets who suffer when these pro-quality classic Mavericks go for big bucks ...)

And, in all seriousness, I'd welcome trade offers. Maybe a good condition Fender Blues Junior? Or some sort of hollowbody electric? (I'm all set on the Telecaster front these days).

Cheers,

Eric

Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 29 May 2008 2:39 pm    

Price reduced to $450 for quick sale!

Or will consider trade for other stuff I also probably don't need!

Adam Goodale

Pflugerville, TX
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2008 11:38 pm    

This seriously made my night! Best Ad of all time IMHO... Great job Eric!!! Very Happy Laughing

Eric Henry

Corvallis, OR
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 7:23 pm     The Classic Sho-Bud Maverick is Sold!

You read that right. It's sold.

The Classic Sho-Bud Maverick is sold to a fine gentleman from back east who picked it up in person here in Kansas. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details of the 3-figure deal, but suffice to say that a steel player now has a first-rate instrument and my family was able to eat a nice dinner AND order an appetizer.

If you were one of those people sitting on the fence during the bidding, waiting for the price to go higher, well, I'm terribly sorry. The best thing to do now is to wait and watch. Just keep reading the forum and slogging through all the listings for the garden variety Mullens and Emmons and Fessys and Zums and Carters and GFI Ultras and eventually another fine Classic Sho-Bud Maverick may come up.

In all seriousness, thanks to all of you for your interest and comments.

My next item up for sale should be of interest to any of you frustrated by high fuel prices. It's a perfect commuter vehicle. It's also knee deep in rubber and has ice cold air.

This 1995 F-350 crew cab long bed 4wd has the fuel-sipping Powerstroke diesel engine. It's just the thing for zipping around town or running errands. Or take advantage of the extra seating and included canopy to haul around your band, all your gear and also your opening act and all their gear as well.

Hurry, it only has 255,000 miles so this thing is going to sell quickly!

Cheers,

Eric