The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PROGRAM to limit either guitar, vocal, drums, etc
Dean Salisbury

New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 9:47 am    

I'm not sure how to ask this question. But is there a program that will reduce or liminate the sound tracks that either have the guitar; drums; vocal, etc. liminate certain tracks? so if I want to just play the song and eliminate say the guitar track, so I can use as a backtrack sound.

Thanks, not really sure how to ask this question so did my best. a program that you could use either midi files or mp3 files not sure if it is possible

thanks again

dean

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 11:22 am    

Dean, there are 100's of vocal "eliminators" out there. They should be called reducers because I haven't seen one yet that removes all the vocals without removing a good chunk of the rest of the music also.
just do a google search on 'vocal remover'

Do you intend to get some backing tracks for playing your steel on to? Do you have Band-in-a box? It's good for basic track creation where you key in the chords and the tracks are generated for you: guitar, bass, drums, piano etc etc

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 3:46 pm    

Dean, there are no programs to do this,unless you can get multi track tracks. midi files are an option..JR

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 6:09 pm    

hm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Maybe I misunderstood the question. Oh well, scratch it Dean...

Dean Salisbury

New York, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 5:38 am     thanks

I know of vocal illiminators and yes I know they don't work all that well only reducing like 80%. So may be I'll be more specific. A friend of mine is a drummer and he wants back ground music without the drums being played. He heard tracks of this. I told him that there was no program(s) that I was aware of doing this. that the guy had to have obtained back grounds from somewhere without the drums. He swears that this guy could eliminate any of the tracks with something. never heard of that and you guys confirmed my thought

thanks

Dean