The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  online music dealer reviews
Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2008 10:10 pm    

I was considering a purchase from either Music 123 or MusiciansBuy. All my larger purchases online have been with Musicians friend or Zzounds. Are Music 123 and MusiciansBuy okay companies? Is the merchandise 1st rate or is it some sort of blem, b stock or factory resealed items?

Thanks,
Ken

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 3:41 am    

if you want terrific service, personal attention, and a catalog full of top notch items then you want to use
http://www.sweetwater.com
they are competitive in pricing and offer many sales prices too.
I can attest as I have been ordering from them for a year now. you get prompt and FREE delivery no matter what size the order. a rep calls you by phone to confirm, and the items comes perfectly packed with a handful of candy i thrown in.
I am in no way related to sweetwater.com

check them out.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 6:38 am    

Hi Ken, I have been buying musical gear from Musicians Friend for over 15 years and I have always received exactly what was advertised from them. They do have many scratch and dent items at a very reduced price but if you buy one of their new in the box pieces thats exactly what you'll get. Their return policy is 45 days on everything except perishable items and software as long as they are not beat up or abused while you have it.

They are a fine internet store and you will be safe buying from them. I have also used Sweetwater and they are very reputable too plus they have some of the most knowledgeable sales reps in the biz and will get on the phone and offer as much help as you want. I have found out that at musicians friend their sales reps are nothing more than sales reps and usually know nothing about the product they are selling ie most not musicians. Thats where sweetwater shines if one guy isn't up on the area of interest you need they can find another. I have noticed that sometimes sweetwater is a little higher but not by much usually. If you use them you should ask if they do price matching from competitor stores. Musicians friend does as does ZZsounds.

ZZsounds is another wonderful online retailer I have bought quite a bit from them as well. The have the same operation as musicians friend the great return policy but I think only 30 days.

I haven't used 123 other than looking but they seem to be just like the rest and I wouldn't be afraid of ordering from them as well.

Good hunting Smile

Bob

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 6:42 am    

Musicians Friend and Music 123 are sister companies.
They share the same warehouse. Both are excellent companies to do business with.
I have also dealt with American Musical Supply, Zzounds, Same Day Music and Elderly's.
They have all treated me great.

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 6:53 am    

I have delt with music 123 with no problems.Also most of the others.I've not had any trouble with any of them.It's true that Sweetwater will give you good advice.zZounds are good at helping with a question too.PJ

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 10:49 pm    

I've used them all. They are all pretty much the same. Prices are almost always the same. Some have better rates if you need faster shipping (like next day or 2nd day). I do prefer the treatment that Sweetwater gives me. My recommendation is to use the one that has the best return policy if you don't like something. Some have longer times that you are allowed to keep something before returning it.

I believe Zzounds and Sameday are sister companies also. I believe they have the same address like Musicians Friend and Music 123 have the same address.