The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  EZDrummer users ??
Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2008 12:34 pm    

hi all. any one use EZdrummer? I just started and have a question.

after installing EZD I ran into a snag using toontrack/solo. it dissappeared. poof.
I decided to un-install and then reinstall.

installation was verifed, but I have no drummer.
the sequencer I have with my recording program (CubaseLE) can handle toontrack solo, but not the drag and drop section in EZD.

I am curious of your experiences with installing EZdrummer.

thanks.

Bill Leff

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2008 2:02 pm    

Randy:

Had a lot of issues with Garageband and EZ but that was solved with an update from EZ and upgrading my Garageband to the latest update. I can't speak for the Cubase issues, except that there seem to be different issues with EZ depending on what recording software is used.

The Toontrack forum is a pretty good place to start looking for answers, which is where I found mine.

Bill

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2008 3:40 am    

Hi Bill. thanks for the reply. just last evening I finally got the same answer as yours from the Toontrack support guy.
I will be updating my recording software, as that was one of the main issues.
also, I was instructed to install a new EZD update.
so in a few days I should either be good to go or finding myself behind the keyboard typing another question.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2008 7:52 am    

Hi Randy, I thought I had better reply and let you know that I use yo use EZ-Drummer but not with Cubase LE and never had your problems and thats why I didn't post trying to offer any assistance. I've only used it for a few album projects and was very impressed with it but didn't like the idea of having to spend a bunch of money on all the extra kits and decided to go with my sampler which is just as good but not quite as nice of an interface. I loved being able to look at the drum kit and make adjustments like it was a real kit but bailed out on it before I had a bunch of money invested in kits. I ended up giving it to my son to play with Smile

I already had a ton of money invested in Tascam Giga Studio samples and went back to it. I've amassed over 35 gb of samples so I already have plenty of great drum samples.

So anyway I just wanted to let you know why I hadn't tried to help you in case you had seen one of my older posts concerning EZ-Drummer.

Bob

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2008 8:48 am    

Thanks Bob, I appreciate that.

35GB is very nice. I am raw and just starting. the kit in ezd should keep me busy for some time.

Bill Leff

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2008 9:28 am    

Randy:

Keep an eye out for Toontrack specials on the expansion kits. I got a "buy 2 get 3" special in December.

The Nashville expansion pack is a must though. I couldn't find a lot of grooves on the kit included with EZ - most are way too complicated and showy for what I like, and the drum sounds are also too over the top for me. The Nashville grooves are much more rootsy and simpler as a rule.

You probably know that you can mix kits with grooves, which is very cool. For instance, I have the "Twisted Kit" which has all kinds of goofy pieces in the kit (hubcaps, gongs etc) which work suprisingly well with Nashville grooves. I've also got the Vintage Rock pack, also good.

Now I just need to spend some time with this stuff!

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2008 11:29 am    

Bill, thanks for the heads up. I had been wondering what the expansion kits were about. EZD is loaded with grooves; I thought 'gee, this ought to hold me'. now I can save a few bucks and expand some day. sounds like it would be worth it.
I appreciate the feedback.