The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How do you play the DEMO songs on BIAB?
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 7:47 am    

I am really new to BIAB, like 2 hours on it. I have figured out the basics and am very surprised how easy it is to use. It has tons of demo songs on it and has the song icon, but when I click for it to play (or open) all I get is a default setting that says song: UNTITLED and Style: ZZJAZZ.STY. and one bar of C. I haven't been able to figure out yet how to listen to the demos. I would appreciate any help because I am really, really new to BIAB.

I think I will be using it to learn the timing and chord progressions in learning new songs as much as for tracks. Just get a number chart from our bass player, even over the phone, and I would be off an running. It would be like sitting in with the band and they are all playing the right chords in time and I would be playing follow the leader to learn the progressions and fill licks. I really had not thought of BIAB for anything except tracks until I fired it up.

Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2008 9:33 am    

George, I think what your opening is just a style instead of an actual song demo. When you click on the open icon you have to navigate to where the songs are located. Probably in C/Programs/Band in a box, then open one of the demo folders.

Colin Goss

St.Brelade, Island of Jersey, Channel Islands, UK
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 12:19 am     BIAB song demos

If you select style, at the very top of the dialog box is a button - load song demo. Click that and it is all done for you.

Have fun

Mark Vinbury

N. Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 7:59 am    

On my BIAB--
--click on the SONG button at the left of the main BIAB page
--A folder opens and a list of songs appears (which folder opens can be set by going to "Favorite Folders" in the drop down list under "File" at the top left of the main BIAB page)
--click on the song you want
--then ckick the OK button at the bottom of the page
--The main BIAB page opens and the chords appear and the song starts to play
--I also have a check in the "Play when chosen" box at the bottom of the list of songs page

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2008 1:24 pm     How do you play the demo songs in BIAB?

Thanks in part to everybody's help, I figured it out. My BIAB just works a little different. When I opened the BIAB folder, I was opening PREFERENCES. If I open either MYSETUP.DK or DEFAULTMALI, then click on the SONG button, the list of demo songs comes up. I then just click to highlight a particular song, then hit the SELECT SONG button at the bottom and the song loads and starts playing. I am just having to go a little different route than you guys. Maybe because it is a MAC version or perhaps an older version than you guys are running. Anyway, it works.