The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New to BIAB & Need help
Eric Dunst

Brooklyn, New York, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2007 9:18 am    

Hi.

I've just started messing around with Band in A Box (Mac version12) and really could use some help on finding and downloading files.

I have searched the forum and found some useful information, but need more.

First, what are some good sites for downloading files? The ones I've tried seem to be gibberish and don't open. Is this a Mac/PC thing? Or am I doing something wrong? Now... maybe this is due to my generally poor computer skills, but if that's the case could someone please explain (in detail) the steps involved in downloading and opening BIAB files.

Also, is there some way to create a song from scratch without going through "styles?" Let's say starting with basic drums in the time signature of choice and building from there?

And finally; if anyone has files for Sleepwalk, Steel Guitar Rag and San Antonio Rose that they wouldn't mind sharing, please let me know.

Thanks,
~eric

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2007 1:01 pm    

Eric -
'Big Jim' Baron is a steelguitarist BIAB 'guru' . . . Not only is he a terrific steelplayer, but he is also a BIAB dealer, who, aside from being a highly capable BIAB 'advisor', also offers a great 'aftermarket' CD of BIAB songfiles - There are several thousand songs on the CD, most of which are tunes that steelplayers like to do.
Big Jim 'shows up' here from time-to-time, or you can reach him at bigjim4b@sbcglobal.net
~Russ