The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marshfield Mo. steel show DVD
Gary Atkinson

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2007 7:01 pm    

Terry woods sent me a copy of the Show at Marshfield made last month.There was some really great entertainers on it.The special guest was the legendery Don Helms of "The Drifting Cowboys" band.I love to hear him talk about the old days.The
"Jazzabillies" band with Scotty Henderson on steel always do a great job.The sound is a litte erratic but it is fun to watch.I get a kick out of the bass player as he reads the charts on some of the songs.
Kevin Haffey is a good frind so I can talk about him a little.This DVD is available here on the forum, so look for it. It's worth buying. Gary A.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2007 8:00 am    

Thanks!

I am back on line now after a real busy summer.

As Gary Atkinson mentioned, this DVD is really great. You can click on the other posting that I made here and get all the info regarding the DVD.

Gary sang some of the best songs on this DVD. His Gospel song that he and Jack Musgrave closed their portion of the show with, "Just A Closer Walk With THee," is the best rendition of that song I've ever heard by anyone. His vocals sounded alot like Red Foley's but yet it is Gary singing it really heart felt. Jack Musgrave's playing is superb on their set.
Jack played a beautiful version of "Yesterday," as a solo.

The whole DVD is a real treat and the styles covered run through about every musical tastes there is. Western Swing, Country, Ballads, Gospel, Rock, Easy Listening, Pop, and even a disco tune.

GOD bless!

Terry Wood

Thanks and GOD bless!
Terry Wood

Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 2:38 pm    

Terry, I thought the show went well this year, and you got some great tones out of that BMI guitar. I played a BMI for a long time and there are times I really miss it

Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2007 8:20 pm    

Looking forward to seeing the video. We'll pick one up in St Louis if possible or send for it. Thanks!

Starla & Jimmy Queen

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2007 5:05 am    

Hi Jimmy,

Please check your e-mail.

THanks!

Terry