The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTB Alkire E Harp
Michael Misetich

Irving, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2004 5:38 pm    

WTB Alkire 10 string E Harp. Prefer the model with legs, but the lap version is OK.

Thanks.

C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2004 7:04 am    

I have one. No legs--lap model.

Some things to help you make an informed decision:

1. The plastic palm rest disentegrated in the case. I can make a brand new one and will, if necessary. Many players do not like these. And I must agree they do hamper some players.

2. The mica binding around the body is separating a little bit. (note pics below)

3. Several fret (I believe 3) inlays are raised up slightly on one end. I sincerely believe a tiny hidden tad of wood glue will fix that perfectly.

4. Both tone and volume controls are scratchy. I believe contact cleaner will correct that.

5. The guitar has been in the original case for over 40 yrs. It has rarely been out of the case in my home during all these yrs.

6. It was given to me almost brand new, by a music store that was going out of business in FtLauderale, Fla. They did this because I had done a lot of work for them; in lieu of proper payment.

7. It is stringed with the Eddie Alkire tuning. The late and great Claude Brownell (Eddie Alkire protege', and Alkire tuning guru) did that for me in 1997.

8. I have played it less than a dozen times. And have not played it in years.

9. I tried the Alkire tuning after Claude strung it for me. NO way could I ever begin to play that tuning So put it back in the case. Been there ever since.

10. The guitar and case are in quite good condition for their age. The loose binding around the top edge of the mica breaks my heart. It just happened in the case. But I do not know what to do about it. Outside that and the above it could be considered in almost perfect condition.

Click here for pics

Price: whatever the going price is on ebay, I will have to check what the average is and that may very well be highly negotiable.

If you are interested, contact me by email; or call me at

770-448-8455

carl

[This message was edited by C Dixon on 20 June 2004 at 08:09 AM.]