Boise, Idaho
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2007 5:27 pm    

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8APcYAZEks

Anyone know the steel player?

Jim Bob Sedgwick

Clinton, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2007 7:13 pm    

I think that is Tiny Olson. Someone correct me if I am wrong... Embarassed Question

Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2007 10:23 am    

This really is great stuff, brings back a lot of memories. I worked with a band called "Stagecoach" way back in the late 70's early 80'sand we were the warm up band before Gene came on. A couple of numbers in and my amp went bang. Almost instantly Tiny Olsen came across and plugged my steel into his amp. When we finished our set we went to the dressing room and Gene and his band were getting ready and Gene asked my wife to straighten his collar, that made her night, at least until the end of the night when he gave her a kiss. Anyway keep this stuff comming I love it.
Cheers Dave.

Ray Satterfield

st. augustine, fl. usa
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2007 11:01 pm    

Great sounding steel too. I don't recognize the fretmarkers on it, do you know the builder/brand of the guitar? Confused

Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 15 Apr 2007 6:34 am    

IMO, Gene Watson, is awesome. A unique fantastic voice, with amazing stage presence and original style. I salute the steeler, IMO, an amazing musician. I've never met Tiny, if this is him, but IMO, he definitely "knows where it's at". Of course the nickname "Tiny" is sometimes given to someone physically large. Years ago I had a good friend in the USAF, his name was Tiny Kaplan and I hope he is still around but he was one of the largest, well proportioned men I ever met. Watching the steel player at one moment reminded me of Ron Lashley, Sr. picking the heck out of a PP Emmons at the factory, in Burlington, N.C. I cherish old memories; hey, it's my life.

Jim Bob Sedgwick

Clinton, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2007 7:11 am    

I'm not completely sure, But the fret markers seem to me to be like the ones on a JCH guitar. Great tone and technique on Tiny's part, regardless of the brand.