The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chuck Lettes E9th Seminar in Denver, May 19
Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 6:39 am    

I am going to present an E9th Seminar for the Rocky Mountain Steel Guitar Club on Saturday, May 19. The seminar will be from 11-2PM at the American Music School, 1180 S. Van Gordon Ct. in Lakewood, CO 80228. Please bring your steel guitar, some amplified headphones and a music stand. I plan to discuss ways of working up steel guitar songs from sheet music, although you really don’t have to be able to read music. Instead, I rely on chords and their positions, a unique way to develop your ears to hear melody to play a variety of songs. I will illustrate this skill with three songs and some exercises to help you develop your own techniques and styles. I also will discuss improving bar technique, working on timing, developing steel guitar smoothness, and using delays to create a more full sound (if time permits). I will also show you how I work up my arrangements for the PSGA Newsletter. I plan to gear the material to players of all levels. In addition, to help make the experience more productive, I will provide you not only with the music and steel guitar tablature, but also with two CDs that are filled with the material that we will discuss. Included on the CDs will be my audio instructions, the rhythm tracks and the steel guitar blended with the rhythm tracks. That way you can leisurely take notes, knowing that the material will be waiting for you to practice when you get home.
The cost of the seminar is $40 for RMSGC members and $50 for non-members, and I will donate $5 back to the club for each participant. Send me an Email and let me know if you plan to attend. That way you are sure to get the material when you arrive for the seminar.
Chuck

Last edited by Chuck S. Lettes on 21 Apr 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pat Carlson

Sutton, Nebraska, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2007 7:20 pm    

Up for a very gifted musician Smile
Just got a copy of Swing Thang Chuck it is totally awesome! Very Happy

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2007 2:20 pm    

Thanks for the nice comment, Patrick. The seminar's time has been changed to 11AM-2PM.
Chuck

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 6 May 2007 6:54 am     Directions to My E9th Seminar

Get on 6th Ave. going west to the Simms-Union Exit.
Take Union (which is left going south), you'll go past Alameda, you'll want to stay in the center lane on Union crossing Alameda because that's the only one that goes straight across Alameda and continue on Union, watch the speed limit, it's 30 mph and they patrol that section very heavily, keep going till you get to Mississippi, take a right (west) on to Mississippi and go one block to Van Gordon Ct, it will be on the corner to your left.
Chuck