The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rains D10 8p/5kl
Terry Pilant

Waco, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2007 5:06 pm    

Rains is a 2004 D10 in mint. E-mail for pics TPilant1@hot.rr.com Need to sell.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2007 7:47 pm     Rains Liquidation

Im curious as to why Im seeing so many Rains guitars going up for sale here lately. My friend Tim Bridges has one and loves it.and I have considered buying one simply because I value his opinion...Anyone want to put in thier 2, um 5 cents
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Terry Pilant

Waco, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2007 8:47 pm     Rains D10 8p/5kl

The reason I'm selling the Rains,I have a 05 Zum Hybrid 8/5. The Rains looks new,Gary Carpenter went all over said it was a great guitar sounds great also.I would call the color maple red very pretty.I'm asking $2500.00 I will pay shipping. I have pics i will e-mail if you are ready interested.

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2007 5:26 am    

I can speak only for myself. I have a D10 8x7 Rains that is not yet a year old. It is an excellent guitar.

Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2007 10:01 am     Rains

The Rains is one of the finest guitars for sound and playing. I bought a D10 and it is beautiful. I had almost everyone on the forum help me with C6 and still could not do anything with it. Finally figured out the problem. I don't want to play C6 and don't want to learn it. Had Billy Carr order me a custom 5 and 5 Magnum. Its light. I'm light and 67 so its easier to move, Put the Rains up for sale thru Billy.
Best guitar I've ever played or heard. If it sells OK
If not OK. I'll still have the First Valley Pecan Rains made and it will still be a treasure to own.
Steel players change steels like people change oil.
Its the nature of the beast. If you haven't caught my drift, Rains are one of the best and a joy to play and own.
Doc

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2007 11:46 am    

I love my Rains, I wouldn't trade it for 2 Zums and a push pull. Terry, that is a very fair price you are asking, it should sell pretty fast.

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2007 7:58 pm    

Well Mickey i have owned 5 new Rains guitars and once i take them out and people here and see the guitar perform they want to buy them . All the ones i have owned played well and a great tone. I have the second valley pecan guitar they built and its very pretty and good workmanship as well. Jim

Fred Nolen

Mohawk, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2007 10:48 am    

I have two Rains SD10s both 4X5, (one usually stays setup at home). One is a chestnut burl, 05 model with a 10-1 and the other an 06, port red with an 18.5K Truetone. I recently considered trading one for another brand of guitar and was glad when the other party elected to keep his.

I have had awfully good luck with both of mine - I never thought I would sell the guitar I had before these, but when I heard the tone of my first Rains, I let an excellent guitar, which I had played for 18 years, go.

I have played a lot of guitars over the years and have found nothing I liked as well as my Rains.

My 5 cents worth.

Ol' Fred

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 7:47 am     Great price for a like new Rains!

Hey guys, if you are looking to buy one of the finest sounding and playing steel guitars, Terry's Rains is for you!! It was in our Rains Booth at the TSGC a few weeks ago and it is in excellent condition and will put a smile on you face for tone.

This is my 4th Rains personally as people want the Rains I'm playing...so I end up waiting for my new Rains all the time! HA HA Gary Carpenter and his team build them in rather short time. By the way, you will enjoy dealing with Terry.
=====================================================
Rains Factory Rep

Jory Simmons

Elkhorn, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 12:07 pm    

That is a very good price for a Rains D10...I payed $2350 for my Rains SD10 with 4&5......I think the List price was around $2700...with the extra ped and K lever.Anyway it sounds Great thru My FSK, and I have a P/P that I hardly play anymore!!!!!! I Love my Rains! Jory

Terry Pilant

Waco, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 12:58 pm    

Hi every one, I have been out of town for 4 days. First of all i want to thank Bill for saying nice things about me. Yes the Rains is still for sell, great guitar need to buy this steel great sound and tone. Also great price. E-mail me or call me.TPilant 1@hot.rr.com 254-662-9401 Thanks for Looking
Terry Pilant