The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Billy Carr - An Honourable Gentleman
Larry Chung

San Francisco, CA, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 9:38 am    

Just wanted to thank Billy for a recent transaction. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the item I bought from him, and he immediately asked if I wanted to return it, and, again, without more than a few minutes passing, had refunded me plus shipping.

Billy, you are a credit to the wonderful folks on the Forum, and I owe you a debt of gratitude, and I know that anyone purchasing from you will be satisfied and grateful to have you on the Forum. Thank you.

ZBest,
LC

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 9:47 am     Thanks LC

Thanks Larry, for the kind words. We're all about SERVICE at Carr's Steel Guitar Shop. We're here to serve steel players everywhere. Thanks again! see ya!

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 10:21 am    

Yessir, Larry , that's cause he's from Misssippi Very Happy and also an honest bidniss man <>

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 1:02 pm    

Ditto! I have bought amps and other accessories from Billy Carr and I have been a SATISFIED CUSTOMER each time. Billy and Glenda are two of the finest people that I know and I am glad to call them our friends. Billy not only sells great Steel Guitars, but he is also one of the finest players that I have ever heard. Billy stands behind everything that he sells and is as honest as you can get. You can't go wrong with any purchase from Carr's Steel Guitar Shop in my opinion. Carr's Steel Guitar Shop is my ONE STOP SHOP!

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 7:23 pm    

I've also been extremely satisfied with my business transactions with Mr. Bill. steve t

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 9:41 pm     Thanks

Thanks guys! We can fix you up with George L, GHS, Frenchy's Steel Mill strings or even a new Fessy, Performance, Magnum or Carter Starter, not to mention the used trade-ins we get in. Also have something else in the making, we'll see how it turns out here shortly! Thanks again!

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 1:52 am    

i'll chime in on Billy's service, honesty & trust
Billy's one solid cat !

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 3:07 am     Billy Carrs Honesty

Billy Carr must be an old fashioned business man. Good to know, not many around these days, especially over the internet....Joe

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 5:48 am    

I had a deal going with him and we had a miscomunication about a part of the deal. He completed the deal and would not let me pay for the shipping!

He has as good a rep as anyone I have ever dealt with here on the forum. He can be trusted--an important asset that is not found often enough these days.

Eddie Freeman

Natchez Mississippi
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 6:10 am     Ditto on Billy

I too bought something that did'nt work out as i needed it to, and Billy made it right& got what I wanted.Fortunatly I live not too far from his store,so for the cost of shipping,I can drive there.He not only got what I really wanted, but got the extra parts & put my set up on it,& then gave me half the store before I left.So kudos for a really nice guy & a super picker

Gary Lynch

Creston, California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 6:28 am    

I learned a long time ago that a businessman who takes care of his customers, is not only successful, but well liked.

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 1:07 pm     Thanks

Thanks to everybody for the positive responses, I appreciate it. Like I said, we're all about SERVICE. A friendly atmosphere, fresh pot of coffee and real down to earth folks out in the woods. That's us. We'll even feed you catfish, if you stay long enough! We stand behind our products and as a customer, you'll always be a friend and come first!

Jim Dempsey

Belmar, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 3:19 pm    

Billy helped me out one time for which I will never forget! Great guy to deal with.-Jim

Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 3:23 pm     Billy Carr

Coffee, catfish, and confidence that you'll get the best deal and service along with it. By experience I know Billy is always concerned about getting you what you want and what is best for you. A great player and true southern gentleman. "Give and it shall be given unto you", Thank you Lord for this gift to the steelers and all he does for us.
Doc

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 7:38 pm    

Dittos on all this in my dealings with Billy, who is one of "the good guys", IMO. BTW, Billy - the Legrande is working out great, thanks. Smile

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 10:22 pm     Thanks

Thanks again, guys!

Robert C. McKee

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2007 5:04 pm     Billy Carr

Gentlemen, as many of you might have noticed, I'm the fella who was "trying" to purchase a Peavey NV1000 from Mr. Carr last wk. I wasn't smart enough to check my actual email for replies from Mr. Carr, so I kept posting under the amp for sale for some type of reply.
I want all to know, it wasn't Mr. Carr, but this crazy ole idiot whom wasn't smart enough to understand all the workings of this forum. (Hey, I'm over 50, ok? Gimme a break, lol).
So, with the apologies to Mr. Carr said, I think I've found a new shop to do business with. He was understanding with my 'idiocy', especially since I'm new to pedal steel.
I bought a Carter-Starter back in Dec., and wished I had went whole hog to start with. Currently, Mr. Carr is working with me on an upgrade. I thank you, Mr Carr, and the forum members for being patient with people such as myself.
Bob

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 19 Mar 2007 12:46 am     No problem!

Not a problem, Robert. Were all like a family here on the forum. We look out for each other and everybody helps everybody. The NV-1000 amp is an excellent purchase. I've only played it out once. Anything I can help you with just let me know. If I don't have it, we'll keeping looking, somebody here on the forum will have it or know where to find it. Welcome to our little world of PEDAL STEEL GUITAR and thank you!

Wayne D. Clark

Montello Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2007 9:25 am    

BILLY CARR = EXCPTIONAL DEALS, AND PSG SATISFACTION!!!!!!!

Desert Rose S/10 3/5
Goodrich 120
Nashville 400

Ronnie Green

Des Moines, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2007 4:29 pm    

He got me behind the wheel of a brand new Fessy in no time at all. He also gave me a great deal on my trade in. Can't go wrong with Billy. Thanks again Billy. I love the D10 Fessy. Jerry said he remembered this guitar, because of it's exceptional tone. Man does it have it!