The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Alesis Masterlink
Richard Lester

Constable, New York, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2007 8:51 pm    

I'm new getting into the digital domain of recording. I'm recording with a yamaha 16 track Daw and using the Alesis masterlink as a finalizer before committing the tracks to CD. any suggestions on how to get the best sound from the masterlink? It has three levels of parametric EQ : low, mid and high. Anyone familiar with the masterlink? Thanks Very Happy

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 7:22 am    

You might want to contact Mark Van Allen. He posts here regularly. He had one for sale which I purchased from him and after having a few discussions with him, I believe that Mark is very knowledgable about the unit and can probably can give you and me some good hints to get the best out of the unit.

Regards,

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Richard Lester

Constable, New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2007 1:40 pm     Alesis Masterlink

Thanks Mr. Tulbert. I'll try to connect with Mark Van Allen Very Happy

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2007 11:17 am    

My Son uses a Masterlink in our studio, but almost never uses the EQ. We also use one to record our church services, music and sermons, and they work really well for that. You can add start ID's and do some basic editing pretty quickly, and you can save lots of stuff to the large hard disk, then burn CD's as you need to. These are great units.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Richard Lester

Constable, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2007 5:33 pm    

Thanks for the input Darvin. I'm learning and I've found how to navigate around the unit and getting familiar with its' capabilities. I do appreciate the help, best regards, Rich Very Happy