The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Crate Taxi TX-30 portable amp (sale pending)
David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2009 4:53 am    

Crate Taxi TX-30, plus adapters

Lower Weight: Okay, I finally got an actual weight on this and the amp weighs 20 pounds (shipping weight: 25 pounds)

Lower Price: $125 + shipping

This is a rechargeable, battery-powered amp that can be used anywhere that electric power may not be readily available. It is rated at 30 watts. Has two channels. The 1/4" input jacks allow you to connect an instrument, tape/CD player or microphone to each channel. Also has a headphone jack for private listening. You can connect external effects (reverb, chorus, etc.) to the amp using the "Insert" jack. The internal, rechargeable, sealed lead-acid battery provides hours and hours of playing time. The 12VDC adapter and the cigaretter lighter adapter (with 15 foot cord) that I'm including extend the playing time indefinitely and are used to recharge the unit. The ported wood (not plastic) cabinet contains an 8" speaker and a 2" piezo tweeter for a full range sound with clear highs. The sturdy wood cabinet is covered with high visibility "safety" yellow tolex covering -- a real eye-catching color that makes this amp a favorite of street buskers.

You can take this amp camping, to the beach, or off to work as a street player. It cranks and it sounds great. Includes a 12VDC wall charger and 12V cigaretter lighter adapter. [NOTE: There is also a 15VDC adapter that Crate offers for this amp that can be used to recharge and power it through a "smart circuit." I don't have that adapter and haven't purchased it because the 15V and 12V plugs on the back are identical and I can't accidentally plug the 15V charger into the 12V circuit it I don't own it. Crate sells the 15V adapters for less than $30 if you want one.] There's also a 12-page printed manual (not shown in the pictures).

This amp has had very little use by me (because I own too many amps, and three of these TX-30s!!!) and it had little to no use before I acquired it. Cosmetically, just about like new. The battery holds a very good charge -- plays for hours and hours on a full charge. All the electronics work as they should. Shipping weight is 25 pounds. Dimensions: 12.25"W x 13.625"H x 12.5"D.

Great portable working amp, plus 12VDC walwart adapter and 12V cigarette lighter adapter for $125, plus shipping. Paypal, MO, or check.

Last edited by David Venzke on 30 Jun 2009 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2009 6:52 pm    

TTT - bump

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2009 8:47 am    

TTT for new, lower price: $125 (plus shipping).

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2009 11:38 am    

Email sent.

David Venzke

SE Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2009 4:39 pm    

email returned