Nebraska
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 2:36 pm    

Where do we purchase these at sid?

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 3:11 pm    

Here you go Larry.

http://livesteelstrings.com/cart/index.php?l=product_list&c=1

By paying special attention to the Category section (top left of page) it will make things very easy to navigate to the specific set of strings or single strings you are looking for.

We have had thousands of great comments and reviews since we opened March 21,2012.

Thanks to all.

Sid Hudson

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 3:43 pm    

I'm enjoying the new strings myself ! Smile
Hook

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 7:48 pm     Strings!

Like Hook, Said I Lovem also, Keep Cranking em out Sid and we Will Keep Buying em, Randy Gilliam. Very Happy

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 11:14 pm     psg

I sent payment for a order to try them out on 7-10-12. Maybe it's just taking a while to get them out? I still like Frenchy's Steel Mills.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 4:58 pm    

Billy, We have no record of any order ever placed by you.

We ship all orders received by 2:00 p.m. the exact same day.

There is no waiting with the girls at Live Steel Strings.

If you want your strings shipped tomorrow morning, go to our website/store page http://livesteelstrings.com/cart/index.php?l=product_list&c=1
click on the appropriate category button and choose your product and check out.

Or; simply call Jordan at 804-452-2019.

With Live Steel Strings we have standard gauge sets for
E9, C6, Extended E9, Universal, etc...

For players that like guages that are not considered "standard guages" we build those players their own personal sets at no extra charge in Nickel or Stainless Steel.

Our reviews:
http://livesteelstrings.com/gbook.shtml

Howard Smith

Callison, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 8:05 pm    

Just put the new LSStrings on both necks of my D10. They are the Stainless Steel Strings, but I also bought a set of Nickel that I will use next time to compare. So far I really like the strings. Had to retune the levers and pedals a little, but not much. These sound very bright compared to what I had on. Thanks Sid...come on back down to the Saluda show again sometime.

Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 8:09 pm    

Thanks sid, i bookmarked your page, i have an old batch to use up for now of X brand, then i'll be making my yearly order when they get used up... Thank you!

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2012 4:32 pm    

Howard Smith wrote:
Just put the new LSStrings on both necks of my D10. They are the Stainless Steel Strings, but I also bought a set of Nickel that I will use next time to compare. So far I really like the strings. Had to retune the levers and pedals a little, but not much. These sound very bright compared to what I had on. Thanks Sid...come on back down to the Saluda show again sometime.

Howard, I have to miss Saluda this time. Glad your happy with the strings.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2012 8:09 am    

Live Steel Strings will be closed August 25th thru September 3.

We will be attending Scotty’s I.S.G. A in St. Louis that week.

You can order while we are gone but, please make a note that shipping will not resume until September 4th.
http://livesteelstrings.com/cart/index.php?l=product_list&c=1

If you are planning to attend the International Steel Guitar Convention, we are bringing 1,400 sets of strings and will see you there. If you don’t need any strings, come by our booth and at least say Hi.

Thank you for your business!

Sid Hudson

Geoff Barnes

Sydney, Australia
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2012 1:29 pm    

I'm on my second set of strings since you sent 'em downunder. Apart from an 11 snapping on the second changeover I am enjoying them.

The first set was put on a new guitar that had problems with some strings on the C6 neck not returning to pitch.
As I hadn't lubed the guitar or broken it down since unpacking it, I hoped that I may be able to sort it out by cleaning and oiling it.
Turned out to be a stiff pedal 7 so a quick lube job and half a turn of an allan key sorted the pitch issues... so now I can endorse your strings with confidence Smile

Thanks for a swift and professional service (and for your adjustment on the P&H).... These are good strings.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2012 8:48 am     St. Louis Pics

Mike Schwartzman

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 2:59 pm    

OK I surrender...my bandmates are making fun of me every week now. I got my 1st set of Live Steel Strings a few months ago and I've been really enjoying them.

3 weeks ago at rehearsal I mentioned that by now I probably should change strings because my E9th set has been on the neck for quite a while now. Well I use a few "tip offs" to indicate the time for a string change. Breakage and tuning stability are the first tip offs...nope. Following that...loss of clarity higher up on the neck...nope. Followed by buzzing at the 1st fret with the strings dampened behind the bar...nope.

So the next week my bandmates asked, "Have you changed those strings yet? I replied, "No not this past week, they still sound pretty darn good"

This week they asked again, "Hey Slim...Have you changed those strings yet?" I said, "You know guys...I be darned if I found a good reason to change them yet, this set is still sounding good and staying in tune"

So I'm going to change them this week...or maybe next just to get those guys off my back. So my point is: Thank you Sid for a high quality, durable product...I think live Steels are a winner in my book.

Michael Douchette

Gallatin, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 6:25 am    

Just tried my first set. Wow! I love 'em. The tone, feel, intonation are excellent. I can't say enough good about them. Y'all get ya some; a BUNCH of some!!!

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 10:52 am    

Cheapest money you will ever spend improving your tone!

Don’t believe it? Ask these folks!

http://livesteelstrings.com/gbook.shtml

Jay Dee Maness

North Hills, CA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2012 3:15 pm    

I have tried the "Live Strings" from Sid Hudson. I like them. I recommend all you guys try them.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2012 10:23 am     Live Steel Strings

deleted

Last edited by Sid Hudson on 17 Mar 2013 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2012 8:30 am    

The Forum is now a Dealer for Live Steel Strings.

http://www.steelguitarshopper.com/LS-E9N/

Ron Scott

Michigan
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2012 12:04 pm    

I just play at home now Sid but I think the set of strings for my E neck sound great.I got 2 sets and will get more. Thank you...Ron

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2012 11:31 am    

Ron Scott

Michigan
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2012 2:43 pm    

That is funny. Gump guitar with live strings....see how they can sound good on any guitar.....Ron

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2012 10:41 am    

Name: J. Overstreet
Date Posted: Thu Oct 4 15:36:39 2012

Message: I've been seeing string hype for years. None of them have lived up to the claim. I'm about as skeptical as you can be. Strings are strings, at least those from the major steel guitar packagers.

The first thing I noticed when I installed these strings is how brilliant the plain strings are. I use the Stainless sets and I expected them to be bright, but totally unprepared for the fidelity on the plains. At first, I thought there must be something wrong with them as they are so bright.

For my next sets, I think I'll choose Nickel.

Sid and company were extremely helpful with my choices of gauges etc. Super fast delivery and great customer service.
Date Posted: Thu Sep 27 20:29:38 2012

Message: I have tried the "Live Strings" from Sid Hudson. I like them. I recommend all you guys try them.
Date Posted: Sun Sep 9 02:04:04 2012

No string break at all.
Very good sound and new and fresh strings.
A VERY GOOD SERVICE , EVEN FOR ME LIVING IN NORWAY.
The best stings you can get , i have tryd them all
Date Posted: Sat Sep 8 11:31:33 2012

Message: OK I surrender...my bandmates are making fun of me every week now. I got my 1st set of Live Steel Strings a few months ago and I've been really enjoying them.

3 weeks ago at rehearsal I mentioned that by now I probably should change strings because my E9th set has been on the neck for quite a while now. Well I use a few "tip offs" to indicate the time for a string change. Breakage and tuning stability are the first tip offs...nope. Following that...loss of clarity higher up on the neck...nope. Followed by buzzing at the 1st fret with the strings dampened behind the bar...nope.

So the next week my bandmates asked, "Have you changed those strings yet? I replied, "No not this past week, they still sound pretty darn good"

This week they asked again, "Hey Slim...Have you changed those strings yet?" I said, "You know guys...I be darned if I found a good reason to change them yet, this set is still sounding good and staying in tune"

So I'm going to change them this week...or maybe next just to get those guys off my back. So my point is: Thank you Sid for a high quality, durable product...I think live Steels are a winner in my book.
Date Posted: Thu Sep 6 08:52:50 2012

Message: Put my first set of livesteel stainless strings on April 26 over two hundred and fifty hours of playing no breakage these strings still sounded good . Put a set of nickel on this morning sept 6 boy they to sound great poor old Sid may have to sell flowers or something to help him make a living these strings last a long time and keep on singing . If you want your steel to sound its best slap a set of LiveSteelSrings on it and be amazed....david
Date Posted: Tue Sep 4 07:40:34 2012

Message: Hey Sid. I saw your email a while back when I ordered strings that said they couldn't be shipped until Sept. 4th, but I was pleasantly surprised to see them here delivered last Tuesday or Wednesday! I cannot say enough good things about the service of your company/staff and the exceptional quality in your product. I started using your strings a couple of months and tried out the nickel(which is my personal preference) They were exactly everything I heard about. I love the tightness of the winding and the high tension they have across the fretboard. They're very warm and balanced compared to everything else I've used in the past. They work really well in the studio too.
Date Posted: Thu Jul 19 13:10:27 2012

Message: I am on my second set of Live Steel strings on my LDG, playing through a silverface Fender Twin, Boss RV-3, and JBL K-130 mounted in a Rick Johnson cabinet. The first set of strings was stainless; I now have nickel on the guitar. I was previously using stainless JagWires. I was pleased with the JagWires, bit it seems that the LiveSteel strings give better separation. I had to retune some pulls when I switched brands, but nothing drastic.

I decided to try the nickel wound strings after reading Ricky Davis's recommendation in a forum posting. These are definitely an improvement over other nickel strings I have used. The wound strings ring better. All strings have more definition. Considering that I wasn't able to A/B the nickel vs. other strings, it still seems that these nickel strings are brighter than others. Maybe a more pronounced tone is better description. I know that during the first line of a song with the band last night, two band members looked at me with "wow" expressions on their faces. Then again, it was probably because I was playing in tune and to the right song for a change. I did have to retune a few pulls when I switched from stainless to nickel.

I have another set of stainless Live Steel strings to try after I take off the nickel set, just for one more comparison. Unless someone comes up with a new latest and greatest product, I have found my strings.
Date Posted: Thu Jul 19 13:04:35 2012

Message: I have found Live Steel Strings and they are the best!
Date Posted: Fri Jun 29 09:10:21 2012

Message: Just installed My first set of Live Steel Strings this week end, and they are great. I strung it up on Sat. night, tuned it up, and Sun. morning, it was still in tune. Just awesome. The service was great, thanks Sid. Larry Baker
Date Posted: Mon Jun 25 12:39:16 2012

Message: I just ordered my second dozen. These strings sound great live and in the studio.
As for the adustments, I don't remember making any major changes to my pedals on my first set. I just remember how much of a difference they made. I love the tone I get with these strings and the buzz I used to get from my 3rd and 4th strings seems to have disappeared.

I think they are the best strings to come around in a long time.
Date Posted: Mon Jun 25 12:37:08 2012

Message: I just wanted to let you you know that after hearing lots "hype" about your strings, I deciced to give them a try. All I can say is WOW!!!! I used several different brands over the years and could never tell a difference between them except for string breakage. When I first played your strings I could tell a difference immediately. The mids sounded sounded better and the overall clarity was much better. There's just something about these strings that's hard to describe in words other than you know you will NEVER go back to using anything other than these strings. Also knee levers and pedals feel firmer and are not as "mushy." YOU have a real winner here.
Future Loyal Customer
Date Posted: Sun Jun 24 05:21:45 2012

Message: I wanted to jump on here also, to say that not only am I beyond satisfied now that I've switched to Live Steel, but I wanted to give public thanks to Sid for really (and I mean REALLY) going the extra customer service mile to get me some new strings while I was on the road without any extras. These things sound and feel great, and Sid is a real champ. Thanks kindly sir, you'll be hearing from me soon for another few sets.
Date Posted: Sat Jun 23 10:09:42 2012

Message: I also am a fan of LS strings. Recently I retired my first set of LS. I felt like I should go ahead and use up my old stock which is made up of two or threes sets of the popular brand well known to us all, plus one set of another good, but not so well known strings. I'm here to tell you these strings sound anemic compared to Live Steel strings! Since I was born good looking instead of rich (NOT) I'll go ahead and use up my old stock before returning to Live Steel...but I'm not liking it!!
Thanks again Sid, for such a great product.
Date Posted: Sat Jun 23 10:07:40 2012

Message: Ordering was simple, shipping was fast... now to the good stuff. As a new player, I have been in search of a "tone" that I felt worthy of really bringing out in the mix of our band. I'm blessed with 6 other great muscians so it's not like I really have to carry the show. Anyway, we played an outdoor show last night and all the guys were astonished with my new sound.

Our gig was at 7PM and my new strings came in the mail at 5PM. I'd broke a few strings in the past few days practicing (diff brand) so... I took a leap and starting restringing my GFI D10 Ultra 2 hours before we played. Still have to load out, drive 30 minutes and set up mind you.

I did the fastest string job in history, played about 5 minutes, retuned, loaded and went. Set up at the gig and stretched em out a little more and retuned. Not only did they stay in tune (outdoors at 85 degree's) they sounded great. They gave me a confidence that had been lacking in my playing and for the first time, I really felt like I was contributing to the sound of the band (since changing instruments).

Now... to share the credit where due, last night was my first gig with my new Stereo Steel rig that I bought from GD Walker. I'll ring his bell on another post. But, I'd been practicing through the new amp for about a week before I installed the Live Steel strings so I could hear and feel the difference in the strings. VERY, VERY pleased!!!!
Date Posted: Fri Jun 22 07:24:24 2012

Just had to drop you a line about your New Steel Guitar Strings.
I got mind today and just put them on and they are great. And eveything you said about these strings where right on the money. Love the Tone and you mention the strings would feel more tight and I like that. My single note playing is better due to the tightness. My other strings when I would play fast and hard felt floppy I guess you would call it. Thanks again for taking the time and caring enough to come up with these great strings.
Regards,
Steve
Date Posted: Tue Jun 19 05:04:25 2012

Message: There's so much discussion on this forum about tone and what creates it, with not enough emphasis on strings. I recently put these on my Mullen and the entire band looked at me the first time I hit them, thinking I had a new steel or amp, or made a major change to my set-up. For $15 this has been the single best investment in enhancing my tone and my search for the best strings to use.
Date Posted: Sun Jun 17 09:37:26 2012

Message: I have to agree with everyone's comments here played an outside gig yesterday and loved the tone I was getting. Best harmonics I have heard from my Carter. Love these strings.
Date Posted: Sun Jun 17 09:36:17 2012

I played my 4th gig last night on my first set of your Stainless strings, and I believe my tone, and overall sound has gotten better each time. Band mates have commented on how good they sound., And, they stay in tune... A real joy to play... Thanks
George...
Date Posted: Mon Jun 11 09:55:54 2012

Message: Mike.....I have live steel strings on my Show Pro also, but weed eater line on my Emmons.... No, seriously.....I got two sets from Sid, one stainless, and one nickle......and I just love the Nickle wound.......haven't tried the stainless yet.
Date Posted: Mon Jun 11 09:53:19 2012

Message: I Put a Set of Nickle Live Steel Strings on My Laquer D-10 Emmons, They Sound Great and Do stay in Tune Better.The Main thing I Noticed Was When I Kept Tuneing My 3rd String up Waiting For it to Snap and Cut My Hand and it Did not Happen! Gonna Put The Stainless on My Mica D-10 Emmons and Hope they are just as good or Better. Randy G. I Will Be Selling a lot of Ernie Ball Strings Soon as I See What I Have. I Will Support Mr. Hudson For Getting us Some Great Strings. Randy Gilliam.
Date Posted: Mon Jun 11 09:50:33 2012

Message: I put on my first set of Live Steels last night and they really are exceptional. After only a couple of hours playing on them I can't see myself using anything else. There is a crispness and responsivness that I've not had with any other strings. Good stuff!
Date Posted: Mon Jun 11 09:48:39 2012

Message: These strings are phenomenal. I just traded for Tommy White's '76 P/P and put these on immediately. It's a tone monster either way, I'm sure, but these strings feel and sound insanely good on it.

bob
Date Posted: Mon Jun 11 09:47:30 2012

Message: I have to chime in and say that my guitar never sounded as good as it did at our show Friday night. I have used another brand exclusively for years and was even in correspondence about an endorsement deal. Not now. I have found a new string!
Jake
Date Posted: Fri Jun 1 12:31:40 2012

Message: You've got a great product. I could tell a difference in the feel of them even before putting them on. They have great clarity, stay in tune and although I can't attest to the longevity - (had them about 3 weeks and don't want to tempt fates, so I won't see how long they last!) they have kept their tone and intonation. Even our respected sound engineer, who's heard me for about 125 show a year for 8 years, said it sounded better and he could hear more definition in the notes.
Date Posted: Thu May 31 14:23:18 2012

Message: Best sounding strings i have ever used. I will be using your strings from now on. great job sid. bob graff
Date Posted: Mon May 28 15:47:20 2012

Message: I Have To Agree With what everybody here Says I purchased a couple of E9th stainless sets from Sid and installed them on my ZUM Hybrid and All I can say is WOW Unbelieveable, If any of you guys or gals haven't tried them you need to do so I'm No Mike Johnson when it comes to playing but I think Mike and I are on the same train here, Unbelieveable strings, I agree about the buzz and it also seems as to not take the bar pressure as older strings also I've always had chime issues for being consistant but I think these strings have helped cure this problem also. GREAT JOB SID I'll be ordering more. BJ
Date Posted: Sun May 27 11:05:46 2012

Message: The wound strings are fantastic, and I'm blown away with the unwound strings too.

I have put The Live Steel Strings on my Franklin, my Emmons, and my Sho-Pro. More than anything, I love the way they sound. There seems to be so much less buzz in the high strings, and a much thicker overall sound.

When it comes to playing any instrument, getting the sound from your hands to your ears involves
so many many varibles. The strings are a much more important part of your tone than you might think.

After using (3)sets, I'm really excited about the idea of using these LIVE STEEL STRINGS "all the time on all my guitars".
Date Posted: Tue May 22 08:28:40 2012

Message: Excellent strings! Just put them on my Pro I and will be trying them on the Pro III shortly... Amazing service too... thank you Sid!
Date Posted: Tue May 22 08:27:22 2012

Message: These strings seemed to have brightened my guitar up a bit. They feel and sound great to my ear. Sid, I think you have come up with something here. I've used GHS for several years, and these strings, in my opinion, sound and feel better. I kept with the same gauges I've been using, and stayed with the nickel strings. I was just wondering if an alloy string might be in the near future. I would recommend these strings to any steel player.
Date Posted: Tue May 22 08:26:00 2012

Message: LIVE STEEL STRINGS ARE BY FAR THE BEST STRINGS I HAVE EVER USED. THANKS AGAIN SID.
Date Posted: Tue May 22 08:25:01 2012

Message: I am very happy with the strings. The sound is clean and crisp with good body. I am also pleased with your extra effort in getting the non-standard gages I use in my tuning. I will be ordering more from you.
Date Posted: Fri May 11 09:30:51 2012

Message: I love these stings too, been on for 3 weeks now, all i can say is just try them without any exspectations and let the strings do the talking, if you dont like them thats fine thats just more for me
Date Posted: Fri May 11 09:29:12 2012

Message: Just wanted to say I love these strings. I put a set on mine 2 months ago and they sound as good as the day I put them on. Very little tuning required between playing times and tone out of this world. I'm so glad I met Sid Hutson at a steel guitar jam in Clayton, NC and at Kanapolis, NC. A great string and a wonderful person to deal with. Sid Thanks for the effort you have put into developing a really great string for the steel guitar. Will have another order in soon!!
Date Posted: Thu May 3 14:36:59 2012

Message: Sid, I finally got a chance to play my New Strings on a Gig last Weekend, and I was Thoroughly impressed. When I brought them up to Picking Volumn, the tone was Great. I was actually able to back off a little on the lows, and still had a Great Full Sound. A couple of my Band Mates commented on how Good they sounded.. I Am Hooked
Date Posted: Wed May 2 19:08:16 2012

Message: I put a set on my G2 and I think it is the best it has ever sounded. I am going to try a set on another guitar tomorrow. Thanks for the quick service.
Date Posted: Mon Apr 30 20:46:43 2012

Message: Awesome strings, best I have ever used to date, you NEED to try them !!!
Date Posted: Mon Apr 30 19:29:49 2012

Message: I used them on a recording session recently and got a lot of compliments. They have a really unique sound. Great strings!
Date Posted: Sun Apr 29 19:56:29 2012

Message: Sid just want to let you know.I played an outside job at the Nascar race in Richmond,Va Saturday.The weather was cold and rainy.The other guys in the band could not stay in tune.My steel stayed on the money for the whole job which was from 12 to 6. Im sold on LIVE STEEL STRINGS and I feel that anyone who tries them will find them to be top of the line

Name: Jamie Lennon--Nashville Tn
Date Posted: Sun Apr 29 19:53:47 2012

Message: Received my new live strings, changed them a couple of days before a show. And wow they sound awesome.
I will say they are the best strings that I have ver used, tone wise. I glad I have finally found a string I will stick with and enjoy using.
Date Posted: Sat Apr 28 14:57:26 2012

Message: Just received my two sets of stainless. I put them on my Zum D10 and immediately could tell the difference in tone. Definitely brighter. I can't wait to play them on a gig and listen for the compliments. One thing I noticed was when I play harmonics they're easy to produce and they sustain longer.
Date Posted: Fri Apr 27 04:43:08 2012

Message: ! I love the Live strings! Personally I think they shine when you are playing open stings like the the 1st string F# open while plaing in in the key of D. The clarity, tone and seperation is great! Best tone I ever got! Add me to the happy custome list Smile
Date Posted: Thu Apr 26 08:24:14 2012

Message: First I would like to say I placed my order with Sid,s ( I believe his daughter ) and she was helpful and corteous thumbs up to her! Now as to these strings so far the best I have seen hands down Sid thanks for this product ..
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:56:21 2012

Message: I play a GFI ULTRA D10. I think I have tried every string out there. I liked SIT until I tried Sid’s Live Steel Strings. They brought my steel Alive again. They brought all my effects to a sharper and crisper tone. As long as they stay in business they will have my business. You will feel less travel on your pedals which I think is a good thing. You will be pleased when you try these strings.
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:55:36 2012

Message: First of all, I would like to thank Sid for getting the strings out in a ridiculously quick manner. So far I LOVE these strings. String separation is the first thing that jumped out at me. The strings feel great too...I have never played the Jagwires but I much prefer these to the George L's used in the past.
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:54:55 2012

I ordered a few sets to test these strings and within a couple of hours I received an e mail informing me that my order had been dispatched. I later received another e mail apologizing for the error in the shipping calculator when sending overseas, I was credited with a refund.
A very good start indeed
Best regards
Billy
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:54:22 2012

Message: I’m still beating the tar out of these strings and I still Love em!!! BTW Sid...did I mention that
your my new best friend! Guys and Gals..try a set of these strings. You won’t be disappointed!
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:53:24 2012

Message: I’ve been using stainless for some years and sometimes switching to nickel occasionally, I bought a set of the LSS nickel and they sound almost as bright as the stainless of other brands I’ve tried but have more warmth tone and clarity to them, at least that’s what I’m hearing, I didn’t think the plain stings would sound much different than others but I was wrong, they seem to have more of a musical sound to them and if your guitar has a good separation of notes these seen to enhance that too for some reason.
Date Posted: Wed Apr 25 09:51:59 2012

Message: I had just put some new strings on my Zum when I ordered these Live Steel Strings. Well, I finally got around to putting on the LSS the other day. I figured I'd probably messed up doing this a day before a jam, but much to my surprise, there was very little stretching. They were up to snuff in no time with very little touching up along the way. I love the feel and the sound of them. I am well pleased. Sid, you've got a great thing going here!
Date Posted: Thu Apr 19 12:52:30 2012

Message: When Sid told me about these strings, I immediately ordered a set to try. Can't wait to try the new nickle strings.

Terry Bethel
Mel Tillis Show
Date Posted: Wed Apr 11 12:28:12 2012

Message: I reluctantly ordered 2 sets of nickel Live Steel Strings, one for my Zum and one set for my new Russler. My thought was, what have I got to lose. Could there be that much difference in a string, it’s just a piece of wire. In the past I used SIT, Emmons, George L, Jagware or any other string that was the cheapest or that someone would give me. I also would use what ever I had even if they were of different brands as long as they were the right gauge. I first put a set on the Russler (haven’t stopped playing it long enough to put the set on the Zum) and what a pleasant surprise. Now I’m going to have to change my entire way of thinking about strings. I don’t care about the technical stuff or what makes them different or if Sid does some kind of ritual over them. I know they are the best sounding and smoothest strings I have ever used and the tone I get is noticeably better. This was reaffirmed when my wife, who rarely comes into my music room came in and asked what guitar are you playing, I said, the Russler. She said, better play that one all the time. Anyone want to buy a Pac A Seat compartment full of strings?
Date Posted: Tue Apr 10 17:15:58 2012

I just restrung my guitar with your Live Steel Strings. They sound really good. I was impressed at the finish of the stainless wounds. They have a sheen to them almost as bright as nickel but they have the bite I like. I also noticed they were loud acoustically and I mean loud.
You have a winner here Sid.
Date Posted: Mon Apr 9 18:13:01 2012

Message: Hey Sid the strings are fantastic! Is there anyway I could talk you into putting together 2 sets of guitar strings for me?

I want to buy a set for my lead player, and I am desperately hoping you will do bass strings as well as most of my gigs are bass gigs. Cant say enough about your strings they are awesome!
Date Posted: Mon Apr 9 17:05:36 2012

Message: Got a set at Kannapolis and ordered two more sets today.

Name: Boo Miller - Branson MO.
Date Posted: Mon Apr 9 16:58:54 2012

Message: I just got a chance to put these strings on my guitar Saturday and I played a Show with them on
Saturday night.

All i can say is WOW!!

I have to echo all the chatter about the amount of difference in the way the strings feel under your Bar as well as under your pics .

I really notice a difference from the floppy slappy feeling for lack of a better word. The tone is what I have been looking for in a string since the did away with the old EMMONS EXTRA LIVLEY's from the 90'S.

I chose the Stainless E9 and C6 because I have been looking for that crisp bite I used to get with those Emmons Strings and nothing ever came Close until now.

The customer service is top notch and couple that with a Musician of Sid Hudson’s caliber at the helm I think these folks are on to something good here.

I will be switching from my old brand and using these Live Steel strings on my Pre RP Mullen and my little Hybrid Sho-Bud from now on ..

Also for what it’s worth I’m not a paid endorser of this product just a very Satisfied Customer !
Thanks Boo Miller
Branson MO.
Date Posted: Fri Apr 6 18:54:34 2012

I am using the Stainless. Not tinny sounding right out of the pac like most other Stainless strings I have tried.

Got there own full,rich tone...hard to describe other than to say I instantly liked it!

I also noticed a big difference in the feel of the the strings. No matter how hard I attack them they seem to stay with me so much better than some other brands.

Nice sweet sustain on the E9 and Great Growl on the C6 stuff!!

Its only been a few days but I have played the be-jabbers out of them..( had today off) I'll keep you posted on how they hold up after a while has gone by. But if these hold up like I think they may, I am sold!

I have to say that the customer service is top shelf. Thank you,Sid!
Date Posted: Fri Apr 6 18:51:09 2012

Message: Sid , I havent had a chance to put them on my steel yet but if your strings are as good as your speedy delivery it is some good strings !

I think my strings got here almost before you got the money ! Thanks for the speedy service.

Doyle Mitchell, Loraine Texas
Date Posted: Thu Apr 5 12:29:04 2012

Message: just recieved my strings put them on today and they sound great had to turn the reverb back down these strings just perked up all the efects iam using the GD WAlker sterio steel amp is a very good amp and these strings really put it to the top thanx sid
Date Posted: Thu Apr 5 11:49:34 2012

Message: The way Sid plays, if they can handle that ripping he gives 'em, they are good'ens.
Date Posted: Thu Apr 5 11:37:25 2012

I have now changed to Live steel strings.

I must say I'm very happy with sound, and I like them! Thank you very much!!!

Kind regards
Hallgrim Midberg from Denmark

Name: Kenny Martin---Marshall Tucker Band
Date Posted: Wed Apr 4 13:17:59 2012

Message: Ok guys, I'm gonna tell you that I was a little scared to change from Ernie Balls after 20 or so years of playing them but, I put the Live Steel Strings on two days ago.

Being new I felt I wouldn't be able to hear, feel and tell any change but, on the first tuning I have to say I was impressed!

Let me give you guys the major changes:

First thing I noticed was when I’m speed picking, the return of the string when raised or lowered was much faster than before.

Also the blocked notes were clear and clean with no string rattle.

Second was the tone was very clean and clear. The bar noise that I have become accustomed to, was hardly there on fast slides.

Third and the biggest change was I sat down with a track "I won't mention it again"
There are some slides that require playing notes that you hit one time and fall back two frets lower and raising two strings. Before the notes kind blended so much that you almost couldn't hear them. When I played this run, the notes were on the money, clear and very defined!

So I must say I am truly amazed that a string can make that kind of difference.

I'll be playing a show this weekend and the 21st with Marshall Tucker Band and I will truly get to feel and hear them "Live "!

Sid, man, ya done great with these. If they last a while I'm hooked!

Thanks so much....Kenny Martin—Marshall Tucker Band
Date Posted: Tue Apr 3 17:32:04 2012

Message: I sent my order today. I'm looking forward to trying these strings.
I met Sid Hudson over 30 years ago at the airport Holiday Inn in Richmond, Va. His playing was on fire.

At that time he was playing a steel. We hit it off and he said " I’m really a guitar player not a steel player” and he gave me an LP he recorded here in Nashville that Paul Franklin was on. The album was called "Twelve Midnight” and his guitar playing just blew me away.

I trust anything Sid says about music except the statement he's not a steel player. You all will find Sid a good guy to deal with and I wish him the utmost success in this new venture.

Date Posted: Mon Apr 2 09:26:07 2012

Message: These strings are fantastic!! I don't know how to describe it;
they just have an awesome "feel" and "ring" to them.

I've been using GHS Boomers since I started playing about 4 years ago. No, that's not a long time, but in that period of time, I have tried them all. SIT's, EB's, CC's, Jags, GHS stainless, all of 'em until now!

I'm changing over! They sound, feel, and perform like no other brand I've played!

After almost a couple of weeks, a handful of gigs and several practice sessions later, these baby's still look, feel, and sound like they're straight outta the pack!

I'll be calling again soon!
Todd Brown
Date Posted: Sun Apr 1 15:37:38 2012

Message: Sid, I put a new set of those Live Steel Strings I got from you on my Black Emmons today! They sure do feel good and I didn't even break the third one tuning it up! They feel great and sound great.
I'm gonna need to get some more of these from you soon!

Johnny Howington
Date Posted: Sat Mar 31 17:17:43 2012

Live Steel Strings is truly a new adventure in sound, feel, and staying in tune. I am enjoying the clearity of the Stainless Steel for both the E9th and the C6th. No doubt about it..."they bark",...and at the same time, they offer that pretty sustain on the E9th ballads. The name says it all..."Live Steel Strings!", and they are!!
Date Posted: Sat Mar 31 04:52:20 2012

Message: Hello, I put on my first set of your E9th nickel strings yesterday. They have a good firm feel to them, tuned up nicely and appear to stay in tune well. They seem to have a tone right out of the package, not edgey or harsh. Keep up the good work! Thank you for the effort and you fast and courteous service.
Dave Jackson Staff Steel Guitar Little Nashville Express
Date Posted: Thu Mar 29 13:39:05 2012

Message: I wanted to let players know about the new Live Steel Strings I've been trying out. I first tried the nickel set. The tone had more midrange than the strings I have been using. I have noticed a significant improvement with my instrument staying in tune. Last night I put on the Live Steel Stainless set. They feel nice and tight under my hands with a nice bright tone. They seem to have more resistance when I attack the string. Just feels nice and solid. Again the tuning is noticeably better than other steel guitar strings in my opinion.
Gary Carter

Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2012 4:39 pm     live steel strings

Butch....I received your Sets of the SS strings. I had just put new Cobra Coils on last week so I replaced every other string to hear the difference. The plain top end is quite brighter and the harmonics are great. The bottom wound strings sound good but I had to crank up the bass controls on the amp to get my bottom end back. (Ext. E9). I've used the Cobras for 12 years and like the balance but I'm going to try these for the next season's gigs.. Thanks, Larry

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2012 9:28 am    

Larry, in changing the core of the strings, it has removed some of the mud in tonal qualities.

The net effect will be warmer more coveted mid range tones. I especially love this on a 6 string guitar.

Sid Hudson

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2012 9:34 am    

Whatsamatta, Sid? You couldn't find any testimonials? LOL! OK, they'll be the next set I buy and try...
Best wishes to ya,
Jimbeaux