The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Virginia Steel Guitar Convention
Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2012 6:12 pm    

David Christmas wrote:
Sid,we missed u at the show. Thought about coming but it looks like u have a full house. thanks

David, I am shocked at how big this thing has grown to be.

I guess next time we will have to make it a two day event.

We would love to see you come though.

Sid

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 5:27 pm    

Looks like we have about 20 steel players coming and we are still 18 days away from the Virgina Steel Guitar Convention.

We will figure out how to get everyone on.

This is going to be an exciting day. I have spoken with dozens of musicians that are coming as well.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 23 May 2012 2:54 am    

Sid...Looking forward to attending and listening to what I am certain will be some fine playing.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2012 4:45 pm    

David Nugent wrote:
Sid...Looking forward to attending and listening to what I am certain will be some fine playing.

Looking forward to meeting you David.

Looks like we have as many steel players coming to listen as we do scheduled to play.

Jerry Humphries

Jasper, AL.
Post  Posted 23 May 2012 5:16 pm    

Sid how for is it to the show cite from Winston Salem N.C. ? May try to visit my brother inlaw there around this date. If it is reasonable driving distance i may try to make it.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2012 5:18 pm    

Jerry Humphries wrote:
Sid how for is it to the show cite from Winston Salem N.C. ? May try to visit my brother inlaw there around this date. If it is reasonable driving distance i may try to make it.

Jerry, it is 215 Miles

Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2012 8:39 am    

Hey Sid,

I am looking forward to the Jam! I am still loving my strings. We recorded last Sat. I will post a clip soon!

Kind regards to all,

Jerry

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2012 5:54 pm    

Ok guys, we are slam full!!! (Slam full)
I have lost count of how many are coming but, bring your steel if your interested in playing. Maybe we can double or triple up on the Backup band segment of the show.

It's gonna be a big time!

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2012 7:27 pm    

We are happy to announce that our featured guest at the Virginia Steel Guitar Convention will be legendary Russ Hicks.

Russ has recorded with too many artists to name here in addition to the fact that he was a regular on famous TV show Hee Haw for 13 years.

We hope you will not miss this unusual treat and attend the Virginia Steel Guitar Convention June 9 at Jordan Point Golf Course in Prince George County Virginia.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2012 12:55 pm    

One more week folks!

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2012 2:22 pm    

Darn, makes me wish that I was still a Virginia boy. It would be great to get out of the heat, humidity and mosquitoes here in the lowlands of Florida and spend some quality pedal steel time in the heat, humidity and mosquitoes in the lowlands of Ol Virginny.
Have a great show.
Duncan

Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2012 3:08 am    

Hey Sid,

I can't wait! Glad Russ is coming he always knocks me out! I am off to Dayton today for the week ... heading to hopewell Friday evening. Not much time to practice Smile

Kind regards,

Jerry

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2012 5:54 pm    

Hey Jerry when you leave Florida you are going to go right past where I live only by 20 miles.If you are driving and you are coming up I 95 take Exit 81 onto I40 West and go 12 miles and get off Exit 312 and take a right and I will be 8 mile down Route 42 and take a left and I'm the first house on your right here in North Carolina.Come a day early and spend the night as Anna and I will be leaving here about 6:00 AM Saturday morning and it will take me about 2 and 1/2 hours to get to the Steel Show.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2012 8:03 am    

Hi Sam,

I apprecaite the warm invitation. I am headed to Dayton OH. Not Dayona... although I would rather got to Daytona Smile Hope you guys are doing well.. See you in Hopewell!

It's going to be fun!

Kind Regards,

Jerry

Justin B. French

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2012 8:37 pm    

I just found out about this Convention. I don't plan on playing but I would like to attend. What are the hours and how much are the tickets? Very Happy Justin

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2012 3:22 am    

Justin B. French wrote:
I just found out about this Convention. I don't plan on playing but I would like to attend. What are the hours and how much are the tickets? Very Happy Justin

Justin, we are starting Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. and the cost is 10 bucks.

Come one down. There are going to be a ton of excellent players.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2012 4:24 am     Friday

Sid, will anyone be there Friday evening if we wanted to come in and setup prior to Saturday mornings rush?

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2012 7:14 am     Re: Friday

Allen Howington wrote:
Sid, will anyone be there Friday evening if we wanted to come in and setup prior to Saturday mornings rush?

Allen, I just talked with Chuck Campbell. Russ is flying in today at 11:00 a.m. and Chuck is picking him up at the airport.

Chuck and Russ are driving down tomorrow afternoon. My father has a really nice music house that holds about 60 people. We are going to have an informal jam session around 6:30 at Pop's music house.

You and anyone else are welcome to come.

They are having a function at Jordan Point Friday night so we are going over at 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning to begin set up.

The music house only 7-8 minutes from Jordan point Golf Course where the show is going to be.
The address of the music house is 3621 Mill Rd. Hopewell Virginia

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2012 5:43 pm     What a great host and his great family

Sid,
Becky and I want to just say thanks to you and your lovely family for providing our first of many hopeful to come steel guitar conventions. You certainly made everything comfortable for all of us, and what a beautiful river view to play steel guitar by and enjoy all of our comrades through music and conversation. You and all of your very special family made it a time for all of us to cherish and long for more events to come. Thanks for having Russ Hicks there to share his music with us also, he certainly is "just one of the guys"; that's what being a steel player is all about, down to earth friendship and not being competitive about it. I want to forward you some pictures later next week for your own personal use or any other way you desire. Thanks again, and keep in touch.

PS: I did have my LIVE STRINGS on for the first time, and I have to say they were great

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 5:34 am    

Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 8:18 am    

thanks so much Sid for the wonderful time. i really hope this is the start of a lot of good fellowship and picking in VA. i'll say the talent in VA is top notch - i really enjoyed putting some faces with the names here on the forum.
it was good to see the eastern NC gang there, Sid has been so gracious to come to a few of our gatherings, so we were more than happy to take the trip up.

Having Russ there was the kicker, i know that was a lot of effort for him to travel from NV to be there, and thanks to those responsible for that.

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 8:26 am     Live Steel Strings

Live Steel Strings.

Quality Premium Strings with a unique sound or Hype?

Customer Feedback http://livesteelstrings.com/gbook.shtml

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 10:32 am     Steel In Virginia

Sid just wanted to say a big thank you for a great day of steel guitar. What a beautiful place to have it! I would also like to thank everyone that had a part in it. Kim and I both had a wonderful time and look forward to coming next time you have one. I met a lot of nice people and man what a line-up of great steel guitar players. Russ I'll have to say showed us all what a true professional of the steel guitar does when he sits down to perform. Never missed a beat or a note. What an amazing talent! Thanks again Sid and yes those were Live Strings on my Emmons LeGrande 11 !!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 1:51 pm    

Hi Sid and a great big thank you for a great time. I enjoyed all the Steel players and Russ Kicks done a great job along with yourself.Anna and I hope to see you at our next Steel guitar Jam on the 23 RD of this month.I will post to address and directions from I-95.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2012 4:20 pm    

I also had a great time! Sid, you had great organization and an excellent place to have a jam. Drive right up, unload, and a few steps to be ready to setup. Thanks for a good time!
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112