The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB ........corrupted files HELP
Gary Lynch

Creston, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2007 4:28 pm    

I am having a problem with my BIAB program. When I try to use it, the files become corrupted. The more I use it the more little windows pop up which say things like; Invalid Class String at. 0046281D and Unable To Pick Guitar Port (even though I have the guitar turned off) and a host of other windows that at times do not let me close the program. It locks up and/or does not perform the tasks I have applied.

If I uninstall all the files and reload then, sometimes it works for a short period. The staff at pgmusic support so far have no ideas. I am using an Augigy SE soundcard and Line 6 TonePort UX2, Windows XP 2000 with plenty of memory and speed.

I have been able to record and it sounds good but it's rare I get that far without all systems getting goofy.

The Audigy SE card and TonePort is working great.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 2:44 am    

If you don't have the Line 6 tone port connected and just run BIAB without any external devices does it work?

It sort of sounds like an I/O problem and with Win2K that may be an issue.

Gary Lynch

Creston, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 10:41 am    

Well that's one thing I have not tried. I'll try anything at this point. I'll let you know later in the day.

I just tried the re-install using the methods posted on the pgmusic forum. . I did it twice. The windows started popping up right away after all that. I am amble to work a bit in BIAB but the windows are popping up and sometime I can't close it out, it freezes up.

Also, believe it or not, in the middle of recording the BAB software will change a setting on it's own! Like out or nowhere it will click on the box for ROUTE MIDI THRU MIDI DRIVER which shuts off my sound to my headset. I am starting to figure out all the oddball things it is doing but what a hassle.

Here is what I see popping up;

System Error Code 123 The File

System Error C

Error Reading vVolumeSpin On Change Invalid Property Value At 00422647

A Call to AN Os Function Failed At 00411209

System Error Code 123 The File Name Directory Name or Volume Label Syntax is Incorrect at 00411209

Holey Smokes! Will this ever get fixed? Should I dump BIAB and buy another program like Garage Band? I hate losing the $200 I paid.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 11:38 am    

What Operating system are you using? XP?, ME? and what version of BIAB?

If you uninstall BIAB, restart Windows then do a new Install. If you just uninstall and then reinstall without restarting Windows you may not get the problem removed.

With a SoundBlaster sound card, set up BIAB to use the "A" MIDI synth on the SB card and see if that helps. Don't plug in or use any external devices until you have BIAB running ONLY on the PC and with the SoundBlaster sound card. Once it's running OK then you can start introducing external devices (and make sure you have the correct drivers for the external devices, if drivers are required).

Gary Lynch

Creston, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 12:52 pm    

Any idea where I locate these files?

Another idea from a forum member

" I had no end of weird stuff go on last year, days of frustration. Support told me to do the following.

Got an emal from pgmusic and Andrew suggesting removing:"

DXPluginList.ini.
DXiPluginList.ini.
VSTiPluginList.ini.
DX Settings/DefaultDXiSynth.tgs (this is in the 'DX Settings' folder).
DX Settings/DefaultDXAudio.tgs (this is in the 'DX Settings' folder).

Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 1:08 pm    

Gary,I have absolutly no idea what the problem is,as I have never run into such a thing,but don't give up on BIAB.Once you get things fixed you're gonna like it.I had some minor hang-ups untill I learned the program better.It was all in my lack of understanding how things worked.
I would follow Jack's advice,take every thing external out of the picture,un-install BIAB,COLD BOOT,then install BIAB and see if it works then.Think simple,go slow,double check every thing.I feel safe in saying that the problem is not with BIAB.Keep us posted..PJ

Gary Lynch

Creston, California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2007 5:00 pm    

UPDATE !

Just back off the phone. Here's the bottom line so far. TonePort drivers will not work with my BIAB. He explained why and I forgot half of it but a dirty version is that BIAB uses it's own windows and controls to operate right. The ones that TonePort is using, BIAB cannot read, recognize, or use at this point. Also, Windows cannot either he said from the messages I was getting. My next step is to find out if there is a mode that TonePort can be switched to to work right so BIAB can be compatable. He said there may be controls somewhere for this or to call the techs there.

For now here's how I am running my rig. I am direct plugged into the mic port on the Audigy soundcard with my guitar. I can hear myself thru the computer speakers but now I have no headset. That is unless I can plug it into one of the speaker outputs on the Audigy card. I'll try that next.

The only down side to this, if I can get my headset to work, is that now I have no controls over my guitar sound. There are a few plug-ins on BIAB but so far the ones I tried are not very good unless you know how to make them work better.

In any event, I am up and running but bummer I have no guitar interface for BIAB.

If anyone out there has any ideas, please lete me know. I dare not interface TonePort now with BIAB or all hell breaks loose. I have somewhere between 40 hours into trying to make this work. I was afraid I was going to wear out my CD's installing them so much. I did reinstall XP 2000 SP2 today and that was a pain but sure made my computer work faster. All programs are updated too. TonePort UX2 was around $200. I hope it can work at somepoint.