The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Login Problems?
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2007 10:21 am    

Every day I get emails from people who have forgotten their user name or password. Every day I send out the same answers. Those answers are now included in the Frequently Asked Questions. Click FAQ at the top of any forum page.

The relevant segments are copied here for your convenience:

I forgot my username!
Not likely. Unless you joined a long, long time ago, your username is probably your real name. The real name policy was stated in the Steel Guitar Forum rules in 2000, and became well enforced when we stopped allowing automatic registration in 2002. Try using your real name, first and last with one space in betweem. It will probably work.

I've lost my password!
Don't panic! While your password cannot be retrieved (it's encrypted), it can be reset. To do this go to the login page and click 'I've forgotten my password'. Follow the instructions and you should be back online in no time with a new, randomly generated password.

I joined but cannot log in!
First check that you are entering the correct username and password. If they are okay then one of two things may have happened: 1) you changed the email address in your profile, and have not yet clicked the reactivation link that was sent to your new email address, or 2) you simply mistyped your name and password.

I joined years ago but cannot log in anymore!
The most likely reasons for this are: you entered an incorrect username or password (see above) or the administrator has deleted your account for some reason (highly unlikely). Some people think that maybe their 'dues' have expired. Not true. There are no annual dues, and memberships do not expire. We still have some members who joined in 1998!