The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Preferred Home Recording Studio Desk?
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2007 5:34 pm    

Anyone that has a home recording workstation area: Did you purchase a certain brand desk or shelving brand that works best for stacking recording gear, (speakers, stereo amp, recorder, etc)? Something you can roll a comfortable chair into and reach everything? Whatcha got?
Thanks,
Dennis
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Ron Randall

Dallas, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2007 6:06 pm    

Dennis,
I have an old solid-oak library table that is my project table. It's big, two huge drawers underneath.
My Yamaha can sit here, and the wires and cables go off the back side to a rack. IT is 14 rack-spaces high. has wheels and that fuzzy black carpet. Made by Odyssey. Bought at a Guitar Center about 5 years ago. Was not expensive.
I put my near-field monitors on the table. Either side of the Yamaha mixer/recorder. My rack has a Furman Power strip on top. Then a patchbay, preamps, mic splitter, Lexicon, etc.

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2007 9:25 am     Studio Rack

Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2007 9:38 am    

I took a door blank (a step up from the cardboard fill hollow core doors. it is a good size. on one end I built a three shelf cab that holds up one end and I used two old lathe turned dining room table legs. the table holds my monitors, screen monitor, keyboard, and all my notes and recording log book.
simple, recycled and inexpensive.