South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 4:37 am    

Great job Wimpy !
Hook

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 5:56 am     Wimp

That's my boy! hehe
Wimpy & I have been friends for some 35 years. He will still sing a little on some of the steel shows. He is still playing great and for those of you that do not know Larry personally, you missed the boat.

Bill

Larry Sasser

Conyers,Ga. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 2:02 pm    

Hi guys !! When I see clips from those old shows it brings back a lot of great memories. How about the hair and glasses??? Ha Ha !!!
Larry

Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 3:49 pm     Wimpy

Man this "youtube" has been the best thing since sliced bread,I have watched more of the greats in the last couple months that I could only dream about seeing, and getting to play along with them to.
Keep them coming guys,what a great job you're doing.

Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2007 4:29 pm     The4 Great Mr. Sasser

Yeah, this Forum is the beanies and the educational contents are astounding. Today I learned that Larry Sasser not only could sing, but he plays guitar also! I wonder if Ralph Emery is aware of this clip?
Nice job Larry.

Wally

Hank Pell

New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 6:52 am     Larry Sasser's singing

Larry You did a great job singing with Del Reeves, Del was always one of my favorites. How Come Ralph Emry never let you sing on Nashville Now.

Larry Sasser

Conyers,Ga. USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 7:12 am    

Well, I'm glad that someone liked the singing, I'm not sure???? As for Ralph letting me sing on Nashville Now, I did. If you recall Hoot Hester, Fred Newell and myself had a little thing we did on Nashville Now quite often. We called ourselves A Hoot and Two Holliers. Catchy name don't you think??? When we started they wanted us to do Bluegrass but a little later on we convinced them to let also do some country things. We had a good time doing it, but we weren't going to quite our day jobs, if you know what I mean.
Thanks,
Larry

Hank Pell

New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 8:41 am     Nashville Now

Larry, I thought I saw Almost every Show of Nashville Now. I must have missed that one, with You Hoot & Fred Newell Singing. I use to wtch Nashville Now The Opry & The Statler Brothers show faithfuuly ,when ever i wasn't playing in those clubs on long island. Ive seen Fred Newell playing Steel (GFI )with Porter Wagoner for a while, But I havent seen Porter Wagoner For a while now on the opry. I do remember reading something on the forum saying he was in the hospital.

Larry Sasser

Conyers,Ga. USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 11:58 am    

Hoot, Fred and I did quite a bit of singing on the show. I think the producer figured out he had a built in act that he didn't have to book, because we were always there. Fred is still playing with Porter and Hoot is in the staff band at The Opry. We are still great friends and talk every once in a while.
Thanks,
Larry

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2007 3:58 pm    

I remember you guys singing "Gone Gone Gone". Great harmonies.

By they way, I think I used to have a shirt just like the one you're wearing in the video.

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Stephen Gregory

Post  Posted 2 May 2007 9:41 am    

Another great vintage clip.

Bernie Gonyea

Sherman Tx. 75092 ,U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 5:16 pm     Larry Sasser/ Del Reeves Video

Surprised Hey, there Stepson; I'm enjoying your utube clips on the forum; especially the one you played for us with Del Reeves being backed up by our good buddy, Larry Sasser. Really great playin on a really great song by Del. He was truly one of my favorite COUNTRY MUSIC SINGERS of all times; what one would call an "ENTERTAINER" in all respects; Loved the clips where he does Little Jimmy Dickens. May The Good Lord Bless him, always. And bless you, Stephen, for giving us this fantastic showing of good C/W music on the Forum; you and Bill, should be commended for the fine job you both are doing.. Thanks..Bernie Rolling Eyes

Stephen Gregory

Post  Posted 28 May 2007 5:03 pm    

Thanks!

Bobby Caldwell

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 May 2007 12:59 pm    

Larry Sasser is one of my favoite people in the whole world. He is so much fun to work with and yes he sings good. From a back up band standpoint, he has some of the best charts to follow anywhere. What a great guy to be around. I do hope all is well with Larry. Loveya pal, Bobby