The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bill Ferguson and video postings
Neal Yeagley

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 6:00 am    

I would just like to mention that I really do appreciate all the time and effort that Bill Ferguson has made over the past 6-8 months on putting these videos on the forum. These videos are the best thing since the steel guitar was invented! I recently talked to Bill via a phone call and I can assure you one thing, this gentleman is a valuable asset to the steel guitar community. We all should let him know on how much we appreciate these valuable videos that he has and wants to share with us so badly. Once again Bill, thank you and keep those videos coming! Sorry Bill if I put you in the spotlight, lol! Neal

Jerry L Miller

Sublette, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 7:11 am    

iI love e'm and i record the audio of each one. you belong in the spot light for this.
jerry Very Happy

Phillip Lee Thompson

Canby, Oregon
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 7:51 am    

To Bill --
I'll always jump in on these posts of THANK YOU BILL,
for your generosity and hard work to give us the wonderful Steel songs and players in your great vidieos.
I can't play much anymore, and money is tight for traveling,
so your videos " take me there ". At times, your videos are like a beautiful, Pedal Steel Guitar history book as well.

Ever so grateful to you Bill,
the old gringo, Phillip.

Bill Waskiewicz

Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 8:15 am    

I second the remarks of Neal, Jerry and Phillip, Thanks, Bill
Bill W.

Pete Young

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 10:15 am    

I would like to add my thanks to Bill for all his hard work. Like Phillip my traveling days are over, but I will never forget my weekend at the ISGC. To be able to meet and talk to all the great players that I never dreamed of meeting. Now I watch these videos and it makes me feel I am there again Just real great memorys. Thanks Bill and Scotty and to all the players who allow their stuff to be shown on them
Pete Young

Neal Yeagley

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2007 3:09 pm     Bill Ferguson and video postings

I forgot to mention that we owe a bunch of thanks to Scotty as well. Without his permission these videos would not be able to be posted. He set the stage with the ISGC and has led the way for others to help along the way. So with Bills videos and Scottys convention plus his permission, hopefully these will continue for a long, long time. To the two of you, thank you as I know I speak for other members on this forum. Neal Yeagley

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2007 12:43 pm     Thanks

Thanks for the thanks. I love posting these video's. I just hope they will entice you to attend your local conventions and by all means, The International Steel Guitar Convention.

By the way, I put up a video of "Scotty" playing today.

Keep the responses and emails coming. Your replies keep me motivated.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 5:07 am    

Bill, again I want to add my thanks to you and Scotty for posting these great videos for all of us to enjoy.
There are some players I probably never would have been able to hear play, if it wasn't for your posting of these videos.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos on here.

Neal Yeagley

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 7:07 am     Bill Ferguson and Video postings

Hey! Lets give this man all the encouragement, support, and all the above to let Bill keep posting these great videos. I for one, look forward everyday to see if Bill has posted yet another video or two. Although, I do attend a lot of steel guitar shows as well as live bands in my area and about, I look for these because every steel player has their own style of play, and as my father says, there is always something to learn everyday when it comes to steel guitar, especially when it comes to pedals. Bill, keep up the great work! I just wonder what happens when you run out of videos to post, lol! Hope that never happens! And a big thanks to Scotty also! Hey Bill! Ever think about asking players, pro or not, to send you videos of themselves and posting it as long as you get their permission or is that asking too much? Just wondering! Neal Yeagley

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 7:42 am    

Neal, that is a great idea. In fact, Paul Franklin is currently putting together some video footage to send me, so I can post it alongs with all the others on YouTube.

Maybe you could write a forum post with your idea. I'm all for it.

Thanks,
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jamie Lennon

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 8:37 am    

Thanks for the videos, and the Paul thing is great !!!!!!!!!!!

www.georgettejones.net

Neal Yeagley

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 8:42 am     Bill Ferguson and Video postings

Hey Jamie! How bout a video posting from you? Lol! Just a thought! Neal Yeagley

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2007 6:49 am    

Bill,

I am looking forward to each and every of your videos, they are all a real treasure!

Thanks so much for all your work!

Kind Regards, Walter