The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stuck With A Behringer FCA202. What Good Is It?
Chip Fossa

Monson, MA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2007 9:00 pm    

My bassplayer, computer wizard he claims to be, got me and him to buy Berhinger's FCA202 firewire interface audio control.

With the PCI card to hook this up it ran around $130.

His reasoning was that now we could swap files via email from our practice sessions and dub or modify things individually at our own stations after the sessions are over, and share ideas back and forth.

He's a bit dense sometimes, but I was already creating mp3 files in Goldwave and could modify things there.

The thing about 202 that got me was the Ableton and Krystal software that came along with it.

Right now the only way this 202 analog-digital interface box works is with Ableton and Krystal software. And guess what? He didn't know it, but you gotta buy Abelton for another $100 to fully utilize it. Ableton is one of the most complicated mixer-type software I've ever encountered. It is far from user friendly.

Anyway - to cut to the chase - I trusted his judgement cuz he's actually a computer programmer.
So I'm out $130 for nothing; I can already do what he's doing with this FCA202.

But now that I'm stuck with it, does anyone know any other uses I can get out of this device? That firewire card, too, is as useless as a bell without a ding.

Please give me some input, anyone, if you're familiar with this device.

Thanks all. Sad