The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to Display Email Headers For Reporting Scams or Spam
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2006 1:55 pm    

The various scams referred to in many SGF topics often involve sending the email headers to security for analysis, or for reporting to SpamCop. While the instructions for doing this can be found in this thread, they are spread out, from top to bottom. I have encapsulated the instructions for displaying, copying and pasting raw email headers or the entire source code, into one single, concise article, here, on my Blog, and also as a Technical Articles Category entry. I will be adding more technical posts to that section of my blog. They will be how-to tutorials. I am open to inquiries about things you would like to have me explain in more technical detail.

The details in the above-mentioned article should be useful to anybody who might want to report an attempted scam to security here, or send spam messages to SpamCop, for action against the spammer or his ISP.

I will be adding more information to that blog post to cover forwarding scam or spam emails as attachments, instead of plain-old forwarding, which loses the valuable headers.

See my next announcement about where to send reports about fraud or phishing scams.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog