The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  9/19/06 NORM HAMLET/JERRY BRIGHTMAN
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2006 7:48 am    

We are pleased to announce that on September 19 at 8:00 Eastern time we will be hosting a big night in the Steel Guitar Chat Room featuring...Jerry Brightman together with Norm Hamlet for a great time of chat with these two fantastic players about a time we all remember as the Bakersfield period. The stories you will hear and the music you listen to that night will be a night to remember and you will be allowed to tape the show. It took a great deal of planning to finally get these two together with their schedules both being so full right now but we are now able to make it possible.

For those of you who do not know...the Steel Guitar Chat Room is a place to come and talk "live" with your friends and many of your heroes in the steel guitar community. You can either type in your conversation or better yet...you can talk live with the use of a small inexpensive desk top microphone which is what most of the folks do. Either way...we have a blast. It's good clean fun that your family can listen in on without fear of hearing foul conversations or otherwise bad attitudes. We keep it clean.

From time to time we have an open house when we invite the general public in, however Sept 19 will be a member only event. We have a membership donation program in place however that you can be a part of. To find out how to become a part of our community just go to
http://www.steelin4fun.com/donations.htm

Provide us with the appropriate info as requested and make the small donation that only covers you as a member. No one associated with this chat room....myself...included, makes any money. The donations simply go 100% to the operation of this room which we built and operate for the members. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me direct at

rwalker5@nc.rr.com

So set aside the time and come on in and enjoy the Bakersfield Night in the Steel Guitar Chat Room.

Ray Walker and Staff
The Steel Guitar Chat Room http://steelguitars.ivocalize.net/

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 11 Sep 2006 1:49 pm    

bump

Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2006 10:33 pm    

Wow!!! Good work Ray! Jerry and Norm are both ledgends in my book and a person couldn't ask for two nicer fellows. I can hardly wait for the 19th.

I have been a member of the steel guitar chat room since January of this year. No, I am no blood relation to Ray Walker but I consider him family. To those that have not checked it out or to those thinking of joining, The Original Steel Guitar Chatroom has been a great help to me. The information, the fellowship and the friendships are priceless. $15 bucks every 3 months is such a bargain. You owe it to yourself to at least try it out for 90 days. Besides the great seminars and special event nights, the Chatroom is a great place to listen and play steel guitar music. Many times a week some members will play recordings they have recently made or simply just play live right in the room. Every time I have asked a question about the method used to get "That Sound" or "That Lick" I got the answer I was looking for. There are members of all generations and skill level. It is not uncommon for a few of us to get together in the room and trade licks early in the mornings. The technical information about "How To" change setups, repair and clean up Pedal Steel Guitars I have learned from some of the members has saved me enough money to pay for my membership in the Original Steel Guitar Chatroom for years to come. The steel and amp that I currently own I bought through sources I found in the Chatroom. Besides all the Steel stuff, Someone always has a good clean joke or a great story that cheers me up when I'm feeling low. As a sort of "Newbie" to Pedal Steel Guitar, I can always count on Chatroom Members to help keep me inspired to learn and play. I need all the help I can get! And Believe Me, at 5 bucks a month I am getting way more than my money's worth.

Ray is more than happy to answer any questions about the chatroom you may have. Once your membership has been paid all you need to participate is a computer and an internet connection. If you are reading this you already have both. So what are you waiting for? Don't Delay, Join today!

------------------
Clark Custom D10 8&5
Fender Steel King
B-bender Telecaster
Line 6 Flextone II Plus
www.jimwalkeronline.com
My Space

Pat Kelly

Wentworthville, New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2006 11:05 pm    

Yes Jim. Let's hear the rest of the story!

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2006 12:48 pm    

Well, all I can say is that the rest of the story has yet to be writ, or should I say wrote ! Just think, Norm and Jerry on the same platform at the same time ? Unbelievable. Both are so cotton-pickin busy that it's a miracle that we can get both at the same time. This is one that I don't plan to miss.There is so much love and companionship in this room, it's unbelievable. I spend just about all my free time in the room and have yet to be disappointed in what I've foumd in the room.
We've already solved all the problems of the world, we just can't get the powers that be to listen And it's a bargain at 5 bucks a month. Geeze, you spend that much or more on cokes and junk food alone. Investing in the chatroom, you get a wealth of information that would cost you hundreds of dollars commercially. Besides, where else can you have one on one access to a lot of the steel guitar legends and some that should be legends. Come on in and join us, you'll be glad you did and wonder why you didn't do it sooner !

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

[This message was edited by John P.Phillips on 13 September 2006 at 01:51 PM.]

Pat Kelly

Wentworthville, New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2006 10:13 pm    

[This message was edited by Pat Kelly on 18 September 2006 at 05:39 AM.]

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2006 10:06 am    

TTT

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!
http://www.bobbybowman.com

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 16 Sep 2006 12:13 pm    

We have signed up quite a few new members in the last week and will probably sign up quite a few more. You are welcome to join in the community and please remember that the donations that you send only pay for "your" part of the room and no one elses. Most of the members pay for a year at a time in the room however if you are sceptical...you can send $15 which will cover you for 90 days. That should give you time to know if this is the real deal or not. It's a place where you can learn from other steelers and share what you know as well. What a great venue for steel guitar. The show Tuesday night is shaping up to be a whopper so if you want to join in please let me know as soon as possible so I can get a password to you.

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2006 7:12 pm    

Time is gettin short. Tomorrow night is the MAGIC HOUR at 8 PM.

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 19 Sep 2006 3:43 am    

Thanks for all of the e-mails and new members. Just a short reminder that this is a "memeber only" event. Unfortuntely the room capacity limit does not allow this to be a guest night. If you are interested in becoming a member you may contact me directly. For the rest of you folks....I'll see you in the room tonight.

God Bless,

Ray Walker
Steel Guitar Chat Room

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2006 7:43 pm    

Ray-I am sorry that I missed it.
I have been having trouble with my computer and it crashed and I couldnt get on the Web, no connection, software problems. Had to do a system recovery. I lost a lot of stuff, but now trying to recover it all....bummer...al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2006 4:18 am    

Al, don't fret. We have another session scheduled.

October 4 at 8:00 Eastern
Will be another big night. Jerry Brightman will be hosting a session on the use of sustain...using the pedals and knee levers. Some tricks on how to get more out of your steel without having to "pick" so many notes, etc....
Don't miss this one folks. There is going to be loads of good info put out by one of the best steel guitar players out there. Hope to see a full room and I know you will all have a great time!!

------------------
1974 MSA D10 Classic 8+5, Matchbox 7A, Digitech Gen3, Nashville 112
If you ain't steelin' it, you ain't feelin' it !!

www.steelin4fun.com

donpoland@steelin4fundotcom

[This message was edited by Don Poland on 27 September 2006 at 05:19 AM.]