The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A GREAT Time with Roy Rosetta
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2003 2:48 pm    

What a great time and treat it was a couple of weeks ago.
My friend Roy Rosetta drove to Atlanta and picked with my band for 2 nights.
Then off we went to Saluda Show and Roy picked all day.

Even though Roy and I have been great friends for many years, we previously had only picked together on some of the steel shows.

Boy what a treat to work a dance with Roy on keys. My band wanted to hire him on the spot, but Atlanta is a little too far from Texas to drive 2 nights a week.

This was a true highlight of my picking career.

Bill Ferguson

------------------
http://www.steelpicker.com/pictures/Carter-Peavey.jpg

Stop worrying about what makes a steel work and concentrate on how YOU make it sound"

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2003 2:52 pm    

Yup, that Roy-boy sure picks good pianah! Looking forward to working with him at three! shows this coming month. And with YOU, Bill, at Choo Choo!
Jimbeaux

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2003 2:55 pm    

Ranks right up there with backing Laney Hicks, huh!?!? It's really amazing what Roy adds to a show. I don't think there is a song written that he doesn't know! Thanks for coming, Roy.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2003 5:15 am    

"backing Laney Hicks, huh!?"

Yep Roger, between backing up Laney and picking with Roy, I don't know how much longer I can stand myself!! hehe

Bill

Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2003 6:38 am    

Roy Rosetta and I have known each other for many years. Some years ago we were in a band together and spent some very enjoyable moments playing dances around the Beaumont Texas area. Roy is an exceptional music talent but can play at any level. He has incredible patience with less talented band members. I'm glad to see that he is becoming recognized for the true musical giant that he is.

Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2003 10:50 am    

Roy is not just a great musician, but a true gentleman and one that really cares about his fellowman...AND Barbara!
See you soon Roy, Bob and Carol www.bobstrum.com

Larry Schoppe

Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2003 6:27 pm    

Roy is one of the finest piano players I have ever heard. I've seen him at numerous steel shows and he is always on stage from start to finish. He is also a gentleman in the truest sense of the word. Hope to see him in Dallas next weekend.

------------------
Western Swing ain't dead, it's Asleep at the Wheel

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2003 6:06 am    

I also love listening to the musical sounds of Roy Rosetta. He is a wonderful musician who knows (or can quickly figure out) the song's changes, but he knows how to bring out the best in a steel guitarist. I sure enjoy working with Roy.
Chuck

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2003 11:30 am    

Thank you my friends for your kind and gracious compliments. I have been very blessed to have been in the company of so many wonderful people, such as yourselves, on and off the stage for many, many years.
I am very humbled by your kindness and for the opportunity to call all of you "my friend".
Hopefully The Good Lord will continue to allow me many more years of being part of His fellowship of wonderful people like you.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you somewhere down this steel guitar road that we all travel.
Warmest regards,
.....Roy
P.S. Bill, "The Country River Band" of which you are a major part is a great group. Each one of the musicians are fine players and I would be very proud to be a part of the band, but like you mentioned "Texas is a long way from Atlanta". Please give each of the guys my best and thank all of you for the great picture of me with the band at the Saluda SC. show.
.....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2003 5:36 pm    

Roy Rosetta.........The "FINEST" keyboard player I have ever had the pleasure of working with....and just a fine human being. I hope he doesn't mind me telling this on him....When there was a need for a player to have an instrument to help with the ministry of a church....Roy came through. About 2 (almost 3) years ago, Roy gave to me a brand new GEM 88 note weighted action keyboard for our ministry at our church. He did this after only having this keyboard for less than a month, in fact it was the first job that he played with it. Thanks Roy....a truer christian brother no one could ever have. You and Barbara are the greatest. I treasure our friendship. HAL

'85 Emmons Legrande.

[This message was edited by Hal Higgins on 13 March 2003 at 05:39 PM.]

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2003 9:22 am    

Thanks Hal. The pleasure was all mine and what better thing to do with a new piano, but to give it back to The Lord and to a wonderful congregation in need. With out The Lord where would we be?
...Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy