The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Update
B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2001 6:22 am    

Fellows, the reason you all havent heard from me is, It's not that I have given up, or stopped trying, I turned the copy of the bank check for the steel guitar in full also along with full details of the transaction on this matter to the Attorney Generals office of West Virginia, and also North Carolina..
I have received conformation from both states, that they have taken up my case,
and that they will be in touch with me over this. The reason that I went back and deleted the post's that I had posted at the start of all of this was, Ron Lashely asked me to, and to keep this as low keyed as possible, and thats why I removed the originial post's.
But it looks to me like rather then have this matter brought to so much public awarness, that Emmons would build the steel that I paid for in full, and let the matter drop, It would be a tax right off as a loss at the end of the year. but we will just have to see what transpires with this ordeal.. But one things for sure I am not going to go away and drop this, I worked hard to be able to buy an Emmons, and I'm fed up the way a company would do a customer that away, How many more people thats not on this forum, that , that has happened too???I want to Thank all of you for your support in this, you all are a God send to us, As anything else comes up I will post it to keep you all up on this,
God Bless you all
Billy Jenkins

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2001 1:57 pm    

Billy, hang in there. You are doing the right thing. Maybe you will get your money back and you can buy a ZUM, or a Franklin. These are great people to deal with. When you pay for a guitar they will send you one, Can you believe that.

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2001 3:14 pm    

Or a Carter...

Hang in there Billy! It sure was nice of you to agree to keep this "low keyed"...

I wonder how long they expected you to stay silent. You're doing the right thing by taking legal action.

B.Jenkins

Parkersburg, WV...U.S.A
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2001 5:49 pm    

I'll keep that in mind about the Franklin, Carter and the Zum steel's. Every since I started playing steel first in church, In the back of my mind I always wanted an Emmons, but never could save up enough money to buy one, And then when after all these years I do get the money, I get cheated out of it, now dont that beat all?
When I ordered the Emmons, I didnt order from any one person, I ordered from a company called Emmons, and thats who the Bank draft was made out to, And the company is still doing business, There has to be some morals on their part in all of this mess, If they dont make my order right, who can trust them with any order ????? In the long run they stand to lose a whole lot more then Me, If I dont ever get another steel, it could come down to where their orders start to really fall off, and without any sales, it wont look good. so everyone pray that the Lord steps in and takes this matter in his hands, I'll get my steel for sure then.
Thanks again fellows for your support.
God Bless all of you.
Billy Jenkins

[This message was edited by B.Jenkins on 23 October 2001 at 08:38 AM.]

Harry Hess

Blue Bell, PA., USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2001 9:16 pm    

Billy,

Your last update was on 10-19, edited 0n 10-23.

Any new info for us?

Are your "legal eagles" takin' care of biz for you?

My current litigation is at the 4 year point, and we haven't even gotten to arbitration yet. And I have one of the top firms in our area handling our case. Saw our lead attorney interviewed by Sam Donaldson (re:another matter) on 20/20 recently.

Even good attorneys who stand to make substantial bucks off of a case (like ours) get bogged down in this legal system. I can only wonder what's in it for them to recover your guitar. I wonder how high a priority they will give your case?

The bad guy's love the legal system more than the rest of us, that's for sure. They get to file incessantly for "more discoveries, interogortories, etc.". Their hope is that the little guy will dry up and go away.

Hope the legal system in your neck of the woods is somehow different than the rest of the country. That in itself would be a miracle, well worth us hearing about.

Best of luck to you, Billy.

Regards,
HH

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 9:55 am    

I'm sure if The Emmons Company returned Billy's $3000 he'd have plenty of fine guitars to choose from.

Heck, maybe even The Emmons Company could build him a guitar, and keep the money he already paid them.

[This message was edited by Joey Ace on 01 November 2001 at 09:57 AM.]

Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 10:48 am    

At least the Emmons Co. could let him have
the guitar ar cost!!!
Everyone has learned a valuable lesson
at the expense of Billy.
I don't post comments a lot but I have
been watching this thread very close.
Its so disturbing that this can go on
without a post by the Emmons Co.

Rick

------------------
Rick Johnson

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2001 11:36 am    

I too have been watching this situation from a distance. I love my Emmons, but until they make this right, I will never recommend them to anyone. Matter of fact, my friend who's band had all their equipment stolen recently, is looking to replace his steel and he was saying he would like an Emmons like mine. Do you think I should recommend buying one now?
ARE YOU READING THIS EMMONS? I'm sure someone there reads this stuff. I'm just one piss ant player, but I'm appauld they they can't even get on here to respond to the learing steel community ready to flip them off!