The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ronnie's Show in Hot Springs
Wayne Smith

Rowlett, Tx. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2001 5:40 pm    

Ronnie's Show was a great success this year.
A big thanks to all who came and the players who supported it. It was his best show yet.
Thanks especially to Hal Rugg, Herby Wallace,
Jr. Knight, Buck Grantham, Jerry Roller, Scotty DeWitt, Rob Parker, Roy Rosetta, Ronnie Ray, Ronnie Neighbors and all the other great players who made this a memorable year. You all were great. Looking forward to a greater show next year.

Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 11:25 am    

We too, enjoyed the Hot Springs show. Heard some great pickin' and singing. Thanks Buck, for the satsumas(sp?).

Ken

Wayne Smith

Rowlett, Tx. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 12:50 pm    

Hey Ken, you did some great pickin' this past weekend. Your wife really sings great too.
Wayne

JACK HEERN

MURPHYSBORO,IL. USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 3:40 pm    

Wayne
You guys just had to rub it in !! First one I've missed in about 15 years, I really hated to miss it. We had a grille fire,a stoped up sewer and a cook quit between 5:30 A M and our planed take off time of 9:30 A M. plus Virginia had emergency gall bladder surgery Monday morning. Other than this everthing went real smooth.
By the way Wayne guess what Virginia had packed in the cooler for the Smythe's.
Your pouting friend,
Jack Pac

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2001 3:54 pm    

Yes we did have a great time at Ronnie's. I got to pick with my friends and they're all my heros. I learn something new every time I go to one of these shows. This time I learned that I couldn't play all that hot without a G# string on my E9th neck. ha ha. But it was fun anyway. Don't ever go to Ryans with Jerry Roller. He's a great picker but he eats butter-pecan icecream like a hog loves slop. I had fun playing with Scotty too.

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2001 8:10 am    

Yeah Buck, and I learned that that ole loud Cajun stuff you play has done something to Mitzi's hearin'. I was telling her and Rob a very interesting story about something Bob Dell had told me and right at the most important point of the quote Mitzi went deaf and missed it and she was sitting right next to me! Looks like you need to get her some hearing protection or get you some of them practice earphones. You are a good guy Buck, we really enjoyed the fellowship with everyone. I would have thought it would take more than a kitchen fire, stopped up sewer, lack of help at the restaurant and emergency surgery to keep Jack away though. However, we probably could not have stood anymore fun anyway.
Jerry

Ken Williams

Arkansas
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2001 11:35 am    

Wayne, thanks for the kind words. Maybe next year I can get in on that golf game.

Ken