The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Retiree Looses $3000 on Emmons Order!
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2001 6:14 pm    

For those of you who missed this in the long thread http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum15/HTML/000596-2.html ...
I just have to say I am shocked!
quote:
after talking to Ron I'm out almost $3000.00
and it took forever to save up to buy an Emmons, as I am on disibility and I cant afford a laywer,

I have no connection with this forum-brother, but I sure feel his pain.

I'll never look at an Emmons the same again.

-j0e-

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2001 7:12 pm    

Joey
As I read the other thread, I believe that the "possibly unfortunate" steel player has not lost his money... yet. It's just that Ron Jr., in forming a new and separate company, can't transfer the order from the old company to the new one. I hope the previous owner of the Emmons Guitar Co., Inc. would feel the moral obligation to refund the $3000 back to the purchaser, or, merely as a disinterested party/messenger, transfer the bucks over to the new company in the name of the original purchaser and let him make a new order with the new company.

I hope everything shakes out correctly, since the Emmons name on a steel guitar is one of the most respected brands within our industry. It would be a shame to have the reputation of this guitar damaged.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 3:16 am    

Dear Lord, Knowing Jim Aycoth like I do, He won't!

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 6:45 am    

This really begs for details which we certainly don't have. I'm not an attorney and don't presume to offer legal advice, however one of these two men has not only a moral obligation, but a legal obligation to either refund this mans money or provide him with the guitar. I would suggest you talk to legal aid services. They provide help for people with no resources for an attorney. I wish you the best of luck. I also wish Ron Lashley Jr. the best of luck with his company.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 7:33 am    

If that check was cashed it is a case of MAIL FRAUD and DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Federal offense.........I think so due to the mail system being involved.

I hope this is resolved in a civilized manner.

Tim

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 7:47 am    

before we (myself included) get our panties too twisted, it should be noted that the person (B.Jenkins) who posted the original complaint, has now retracted that post and states that there is a very good chance he will get the guitar.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 8:29 am    

This is an example of the hurtful gossip that degrades the forum. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. In this whole rukus there has been absolutly no first hand information. The original post in question was posted "for a friend".

I was just talking to Ron Jr about an order and there is no problem . If you have a question about a pending guitar order then call him up directly. You will find an honest man who will do whatever he needs to do to make sure his customers are taken care of.

Bob

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 8:38 am    

Well put Bob !!!

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 9:04 am    

Bob H. The original post in question was posted by B. Jenkins who specifically stated that he had spoken to R. Lashley Jr. and had been told that his attorneys had told him he could not honor prior orders. Mr. Jenkins also specifically stated that he was on disability and could not afford an attorney.
He has since, deleted his initial post and replaced it with one that says he probably will get his guitar. I have reread my two postings on this thread several times and find no factual errors or any indication I should feel "ashamed". In fact my post specifically states that "This begs for details which we certainly don't have". My statement that one of these men owes a guitar or a refund is dead on. My advice to talk to legal aid is simply common sense.
I fail to see where I have engaged in "hurtful gossip".

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2001 9:08 am    

Well b0b, Close this up.

If it's true the original poster retracted the quote, then there's nothing to talk about.

I was just upset when I saw one guy's attorney advise him not to honor previous...

Aw, forget it. I hope honesty prevails.

-j0e-