The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  New Sho-Bud's??
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 12 Aug 2001 4:12 pm    

Forum,

What's the scoop on the new Sho-Bud guitars? Where do you try/buy these? Are they good? What has changed from the originals?

Thanks,
Drew Howard

------------------
www.newslinkassociates.com
www.drewhoward.com

Robert Thomas

Mehama, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2001 5:33 pm    

Contact Rayline Steel Guitar Co. @ rayline@mediaone.net
Phone (904) 642-1229,Jacksonville, Fl. 32246

Fred Martin

Phoenix, Az
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2001 5:39 am    

I think the email link is down for the time being.

VERNON PRIDDY

ELIZABETHTOWN; KY. USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2001 2:34 pm    

Call Bobbe Seymour at Steel Guitar Nashville. (615-859-7666) SONNY.

------------------
SONNYPRIDDY

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2001 3:16 pm    

We have a house full of Sho-Buds, of every model, age ,configuration,color etc. A good stock ,all with warrenties. Anyone that likes this brand of guitar, we can satisfy.
We don't usually have the good stock we have at the moment,and may not next month,however, we do right now so don't be mad if you wait for a month and they are gone. Prices range from $1250.00 to $2650.00.
We have Pro IIs, ProIIIs Superpros,Professionals.(Sorry Ann,I don't mean to use this forum for an advertising tool, just trying to answer this gentelmans question). Forgive me all you non-Sho-Bud guys but this brand guitar is starting to get a lot of new followers.Heritage,tone, they are pretty,and still being used on a lot of hit records. What else can be wished for?And they are still inexpensive, a great value.And parts are no problem to get on the later models.
Bobbe [URL=http://www.steelguitar.net

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 13 August 2001 at 04:30 PM.]

Ann Fabian

Mesquite, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2001 5:27 am    

As posted above on 13 August 2001 at 04:16 PM by BobbeSeymour and then edited on 13 August 2001 at 04:30 PM by BobbeSeymour:

Quote:
.(Sorry Ann, I don't mean to use this forum for an advertising tool, just trying to answer this gentelmans question).

As b0b has stated in different ways several times previously, as long as one is following the guidelines given in The Steel Guitar Forum's User Agreement, pretty much everything else is okay with him. Anyone having a question about how b0b wishes the rules applied might want to post in the [url=http://steelguitarforum.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Feedback+|AMP|+Testing&number=7&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin==]Feedback & Testing Forum[/url] for clarification from b0b.

Drew Howard's questions, as posted on 12 August 2001 05:12 PM were these 4 questions, specifically:

Quote:
What's the scoop on the new Sho-Bud guitars? Where do you try/buy these? Are they good? What has changed from the originals?

BobbeSeymour answered above on on 13 August 2001 at 04:16 PM and then edited on 13 August 2001 at 04:30 PM:

quote:
We have a house full of Sho-Buds, of every model, age ,configuration,color etc. A good stock ,all with warrenties. Anyone that likes this brand of guitar, we can satisfy.
We don't usually have the good stock we have at the moment,and may not next month,however, we do right now so don't be mad if you wait for a month and they are gone. Prices range from $1250.00 to $2650.00.
We have Pro IIs, ProIIIs Superpros,Professionals.(Sorry Ann,I don't mean to use this forum for an advertising tool, just trying to answer this gentelmans question). Forgive me all you non-Sho-Bud guys but this brand guitar is starting to get a lot of new followers.Heritage,tone, they are pretty,and still being used on a lot of hit records. What else can be wished for?And they are still inexpensive, a great value.And parts are no problem to get on the later models. Bobbe ...

I'm sure Drew and others would still like to know the answers to the 4 questions he asked.

Ann Fabian
Carter Steel Guitars
www.SteelGuitar.com

[This message was edited by Ann Fabian on 16 August 2001 at 06:29 AM.]

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2001 6:37 am    

This actually really interests me. What is the deal with Rayline and new Sho-buds? Are these actual NEW Sho-buds that Gretsch is authorizing? I know that Bobbe has a ton of used Sho-Buds, but the question at hand is NEW guitars. Bobbe, are you a dealer for new guitars or are they only available through Rayline? Has anyone actually played the new Rayline built SBs? How do they stack up? Just curious.

------------------
Steve Stallings
Bremond, Texas
Carter D10/Evans
Martin D35
Forum Host: The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum
http://pub55.ezboard.com/btheunofficialmartinguitarforum

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2001 7:16 am    

Mike Perlowin asked about Sho-Bud at the Gretsch booth at NAMM last January. They told him that Sho-Buds are not currently being produced. Gretsch owns the Sho-Bud name.

I'm moving this topic to the Pedal Steel part of the Forum.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (E7, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic)
Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)