The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Brumley can´t make it to Norway
steinar

Finneidfjord, Norway
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2001 2:28 pm    

Tom Brumley has a slipped disc and his sciatica nerve is affected. He has to undergo surgery towards the end of August.
Tom is very popular in Norway, and always loyal to his fans, good ole Tom wanted to get strong painkillers and go through with the trip anyway so as not to let us down!
Of course we couldn´t let him suffer through hours on planes, trains and cars in his condition, so luckily a very reluctant Tom Brumley finally agreed to postpone his visit till another year.
Jay Dee Maness graciously agreed to fill in for Tom and we´re grateful to him for that.
Get well, Tom and we look forward to seing you and Rolene over here in Norway!

randy

shelbyville, illinois, usa
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2001 7:57 am    

I just got back from Branson where we saw the Brumley show. I saw and talked with Tom after the show and was genuinely touch by this man's humility. Throughout the entire concert of maybe 1 1/2 to two hours, he didn't speak a word.

I told Tom how much I admired his unique sound and how I felt like he is absolutely one of the best on the instrument.(He said he doesn't think that way.)

It has always been interesting to me how Tom seemed to overshadow his own turnarounds with his gorgeous fills. That is so selfless of him to give the singer every bit of his talent every time out and not try to save some back for his own rides. He still does it too. Song after song featured his subtle fills, in that beautiful tone, a tasteful turn and...back to the singer(s).

No glitz, just the best country music you'll hear anywhere. Go see them if you get the chance.

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2001 8:13 am    

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 02 May 2002 at 03:27 PM.]