The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oregon Players: sign up!!
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 4:22 am    

Oregon players sign up on the On Line Steel Directory by Ann Fabian, we are falling behind.

Larry Behm

Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 11:46 am    

Hi Larry, you listed that you are playing a 66 PP now what happened to that beautiful Blue Carter? Dave

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 6:52 pm    

See the Buy and Sell.

Larry Behm
503-786-4480

Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 8:56 pm    

I used to be an Oregon picker. You have reminded me of why I left. (Notice the overwhelming response to your post).

Take care, and come South when you get fed up with the "Oregon" attitude. Your always welcome in Texas!

Les

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 9:55 pm    

Wow I gues my head has been in the clouds as the steel players I know in the great northwest are really great people and great players. Many of them out here are not on the forum.

Sorry you may have had a negative experience during your stay in Oregon, I hope it wasn't something I said.

Larry Behm

Les Pierce

Shreveport, LA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2001 8:23 pm    

Larry,

Didn't mean any offense to most of the musicians in Oregon. I was born there and lived most of my life there, and yes, I met a lot of good people, and a lot of jerks, also. Played more bad places than good, also. I think my music experiences in Oregon may have tainted my judgement some.

Most of it was probably my own fault, but it sure seemed a lot more cut throat in the Northwest than any place else I've been. It just seemed like everybody had a chip on their shoulder and you had to prove yourself over and over.

I still have a few very good freinds up there in music and I sure didn't mean to offend anyone, but if you lived down here, (well, maybe not Beeville, but San Antonio or Houston), and could adjust to the heat I don't think you'd ever go back, just MHO.

You know, I lived there from 1953 to 1986 on and off, and I think I may have met 4 or 5 steel players the entire time. Maybe things are getting better.

Take care,

Les

Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2001 9:45 pm    

Les, I'm curoius; what's the "Oregon Attitude"? All the steelers I know in this state are good folks. Furthermore, most of us know or know of one another. Could it be the club management, material, other band members or singers? There is a shortage of able and willing steelers out here. As a result, I average 15-20 gigs per month here. Although mostly in the bigger cities, the steel is alive and well. Just wonderin' -Doug-

Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2001 9:50 pm    

Les, my post came in right before I saw yours. No need to elaborate; I understand. DJ