The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Where is he?
Rick Garrett

Tyler, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 2:19 pm    

In the Keith Urban video "But by the Grace of God" who is the steel man and where the crud is he? Dont know who it is but man Im tellin you there are some great sounds on that one. Guess thats another like the Travis Tritt video where the steel guy is playing his heart out but they show every other kind of guitar while hes making their song a hit. As a newbie I cant help but wonder what the producers have against the steel. I also wonder if you were to count the top 40 country songs of the week, how many would have notable steel work in them? I bet it would be way over 50%.

Rick

Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 6:41 pm    

The steel player was on the session but no steel guitars around come video time.

Bob Carlson

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 6:55 pm    

Rick; As an oldbie, that one always gets my dander up in a heartbeat. I can sometimes overlook it on a live show but never on a video clip. It's so obvious ! It's like people picking their noses while in a car. They think they are invisible. Don't they know we can see ??

And if the producer thinks we can't see it either, you got to wonder what it is that he is producing.... It's as phony as a wooden nickel and sounds that way too !!

Regards, Paul

[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 12 July 2001 at 07:56 PM.]

Dave Burr

League City, TX
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2001 8:58 pm    

I don't know where the steel player is in the video, but Paul Franklin and Bruce Bouton played on the album. I don't have my CD case in front of me, but I think it was Mr. Franklin who played on this cut. It really is tasteful playing.

------------------
Dave Burr
Remington Sustainmaster S-10 w/pad 3x4