The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Brian Thomas
kbdrost

Prospect Heights, IL
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 6:34 pm    

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a steel player named Brian Thomas? The only thing I know about him is that he played on the Supersuckers country-oriented disk "I Must Have Been High"

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2001 8:30 pm    

Brian lives in the Houston, Texas area. He plays and records with Jesse Dayton. I've know Brian for sometime as he used to play and record with a mutual singer/songwriter friend of mine> "Davin James"> also in Houston area. I haven't talked to Brian in a while but find Jesse Dayton's site and you will find Brian Thomas.
Hope that helps some.
Ricky

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 7:32 am    

Yes, Brian is an awsome player, also plays dobro and banjo. He is Jesse Dayton's steeler currently. I just saw a post on the internet this morning that Brain broke his hand and will be out for a while. I wish him a quick recovery.

kbdrost

Prospect Heights, IL
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 8:59 am    

Thanks for the help, guys. Ricky, you can close this post now if you like.

P Gleespen

Toledo, OH USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2001 9:26 am    

Hey there kbdrost,
How is that Supersuckers cd? Does it have a lot of steel on it? I really like their rock records, but am hesitant to hear what they might "do" to country!
(I've found that just because a rock band/performer LIKES country doesn't necessarily mean they can PLAY it. Mike Ness's solo record being a good example...)

Adam

Seattle,WA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2001 9:41 pm    

Bless those hometown boys the Supersuckers!They've got one of the best rock shows in town.However,I think your comments about Mike Ness are applicable here.It's a fun record but not much steel on it.

Marty Holmes

Magnolia ,TX USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2001 5:42 pm    

I met Brian in Magnolia one night at Cactus lounge.He was playing a single 12 Sho-bud and man it sounded awesome.What was even better was man smoke must have been coming out of the damn thing,he was playing it so fast, and accurately.What was weird is that he must have been playing with a bar that was at least two inches or more in diameter,but man he is awesome.I have heard a lot of players but this man has got skill and speed,and I call that Mucho Rico swava.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2001 8:03 pm    

Marty, you can just barely speak Texan. Now you come in on another language. Glad to see you are still alive and kicking. I'll be at the B&B Ballroom this weekend. If you are in town, come by. Jody.

kbdrost

Prospect Heights, IL
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2001 5:11 pm    

Hey, can any of you guys that have seen, smelled or heard Brian tell me how I can get in touch with him? Does he have an e-mail address? He doesn't list himself on any of the on line directories that I've seen.