The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cut off on dowloads
Joe Delaronde

Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2000 6:44 am    

I was trying to download a lengthy upgrade to some software I have and the computer dissconnects before the download is complete.
What's up?????? Joe

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2000 8:26 am    

There's a multitude of things that could have happened. It could have been the sending server quit and timed out, something could have happened in one of the web links, the ISP could have knocked you off, the ISP's modem may have disconnected, your modem may have disconnected, the telephone line between your modem and the ISP's could have glitched, If your using WIN95 or 98, I've seen the program stop responding to the on line data and then disconnect. etc., etc.

Without knowing all the "gory" details, it's hard to say what really happened (if it can ever be determined).

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 16 Mar 2000 9:21 pm    

Thanks Jack........It left an icon on my desktop to continue. My buddy got the same thing and resumed the download sucessfully. I'm agona try again tonight.......Joe

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2000 2:34 pm    

If you are continously having trouble, I reccommend that you download Net Vampire. It allows you to pause and resume downloads, and will detect if you have been disconnected and stop you download there. All you have to do to resume it is, reconnect to the Internet and press resume! This is a truly wonderful program.

Jonathan

------------------
"We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour's lunch and then at two were done."

Joe Delaronde

Post  Posted 17 Mar 2000 10:48 pm    

I found an icon on the desktop which allowed me to resume the download. Got it all and it installed itself. It fixed everything......Thanks all