The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Line6 products
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2001 4:18 pm    

In the "digital delay stomp box" thread, several of you posted about DL4 delay/modeler. What makes it worthy of the praise you give? Did you consider the POD? Is it worth the extra $$$ over a DD3? Any info will be appreciated.
RC

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2001 6:57 pm    

I sat down in a music store one day and played a Strat through both a POD and a Johnson J-station. I thought the effects in both were about the same except for the reverb. I don't want to slam anything but I thought that the POD reverb had much room for improvement. But the POD amp simulations might have been a touch better than the Johnson; it was a close call. Operation of both was about equally easy.

Before I bought either I would want to try a Yamaha DG Stomp. I've read a couple of good things about it.

Anybody try one yet?

Dan Tyack

Olympia, WA USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2001 8:27 pm    

The POD and the Line6 delay modeler are completely different animals. IMHO, the POD is a useful direct recording tool. It's very easy to get a good amp like sound direct through the POD. The effects are very mediocre, however. Not horrible, but nothing to write home about. But the POD has some great direct recording sounds. I don;t like the POD for live playing, again IMHO. Maybe because I have some great tube amps, which the POD can't compete against.

The delay modeler is a different animal. It is a 3 trick pony. It gives perfect simulations of a tube echoplex, also those rare Electro-Harmonics echo things with chorus and echo (Bill Frisell and others are addicted to this efx device). Also the Lexicon JamMan device. That's all it does, but it does those ponies very, very well.

------------------
www.tyacktunes.com

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2001 2:49 pm    

Would it be worth $100.00 more than a DD5?