The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ? from a dummy
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2000 10:54 am    

On a old LTD-400,can you plug a profex into the booster jack?What do the booster jack do anyway?Thanks in advance.bb

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2000 5:09 pm    

Booster jack as I recall, was for an external power amp and speaker.

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
Richard Sinkler BS, www.sinkler.com

Chas Holman

10 miles outa Lone Star, TX - USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2000 3:36 pm    

Bobby,

The manual can be downloaded in a PDF format from the Peavey WebSite - as I recall it's now referred to as the Session / LTD 400 Manual (the two are basically the same except for size). It states:

"The booster jack provides an output signal for driving additional booster power amplifiers. This is NOT A SPEAKER OUTPUT. This output is a low level signal of approximately one volt. Any booster amplifier can be used as long as its input will accept a one volt RMS signal and has imput impedance of at least 10,000 ohms."

Hope this helps,

-Chas

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2000 12:19 pm    

Bobby, the LTD 400 was designed and manufactured prior to our PRE AMP OUT and POWER AMP IN insert points that are found on many Peavey amps.

The proper connection when using a Profex II with an amp such as this is to plug the output of your guitar to the input of your volume pedal, then the output of your volume pedal can be plugged into the input of the Profex II. Then, plug the left mono output of the Profex II into the #2 or low gain input on the amplifier. Note; using this method can cause slight possible clipping of the input circuitry.

The BOOSTER JACK output can be used for routing a signal to a live or recording mixing console.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me here at the factory. I can be reached toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391 or (601)483-5365 outside of the U.S..

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 13 November 2000 at 12:20 PM.]

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2000 1:05 pm    

Thanks Mike,I have run the booster jack to the board before.I got caught without a mic or direct box,had no idea it would work but it did.I am dumb as rock when it comes to electronics,never had any interest in learning more than just how to EQ a amp.But the times have changed.Guess I could read the manuals.NAW!I wasn't worried about the amp,those models are as tuff as nails. I just didn't won't to damage the profex.BB

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2000 7:43 am    

Bobby, I'll be glad to answer any of your questions about Peavey products. Thanks.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2000 11:43 am    

I know Mike,Just kidding! Jack you can close this when your ready.