The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Distortion pedal update!
Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 11:24 am    

I recieved the Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Effects Pedal yesterday. I spent some time playing it through my Nashville 400 steel amp this morning and I have found it to be real close to what I have been wanting to hear. This test was performed in my music room playing along with my CD player and it sounds good to me. I hope the live playing tone in a club will not vary too much, if so I will be happy with this unit for now and I plan to keep it. I thank all of you once again for your feedback on my question. Take care all.
Bill Bailey

------------------

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 3:38 pm    

Hey Bill. That's a new one on me--didn't know the Tube Screamer went turbo. I'll be interested to hear follow-up reports from you after you put it through some road testing.

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 5:51 pm    

Jon,
Yes it has gone turbo. I was trying to figure out how to send the page on Musicians Friend that tells all of its options to this topic, but couldn't. There is a version of the original model that sells for $49.99 and one model up from there that is on sale for $119.99 and the model I ordered by request of my dear wife Margie sells for $139.99. This one has a lot of variations, but so far the setting I like the most is the original TS9 setting. I will try to send the page to your E-Mail. Take care Jon.
Bill Bailey

------------------

[This message was edited by Bill Bailey on 31 October 2000 at 07:42 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bill Bailey on 01 November 2000 at 05:57 AM.]

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2000 8:44 pm    

Yep. Got the page you sent. The turbo thing is funny--I remember my nephew trying my TS10 some years ago and telling me it sucked. He was looking for something with death or Xtreem in the name, I think. Maybe Ibanez is trying to appeal to a more headbanging market with the expanded TS. The thing I always liked about the TS is that it is not over the top. You can use it dialed in to 1 to get that little bit of dirt. I'm going to be dusting off the old TS10 because it might fit the bill for some new rockin' needs that have come my way.
Please let us know how the Turbo works for you after you really put it through its paces.

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2000 8:24 pm    

Jon,
I found the TS9 also sounds good with my Emmons Legrand.
Take care.
Bill Bailey

------------------

John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2000 8:31 am    

Bill, I would also be interested in hearing how your living room sound worked out in a band situation.
I don't know why, but distortion seems to be one thing that can come across completely different in a stage setting than it does in the living room.
I just use a little cheapie DanElectro stomp box. It suits my purposes, but I'm not that discriminating.
-John
-John