The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Speaker Cabinets???
Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2000 7:15 am    

My band opened for Marty Stuart about 2 years ago and Gary Hogue was, of course, playing with him. Gary had 2 Peavey speaker cabinets that were blonde tweed covered and loaded with 15" Black Widows. I would like to buy a pair like this but I couldn't find any info about them on the Peavey website. Does anyone know the model number or anything about these cabinets? I would also be interested in a used pair if anyone wants to sell theirs. (Tweed color preferred but not a necessity.)
Thanks a lot!

------------------
Dave Alfstad
Indianola, Iowa

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2000 12:58 pm    

I worked with the late Gary Hogue while he was with the Marty Stuarts band, the "Rock 'n' Roll Cowboy's". He had used Peavey gear for years and was one of nicest Peavey endorsers that I had the pleasure of working with.

What he used was two Peavey Classic 115E cabinets loaded with 1502-4 ohm DT speakers. Junior Knight uses this same configuration. This is a product that we do not manufacture, nor have we ever. I think that Jeff Newman was the first to use this configuration, so apparently it caught on from there.

The Classic 115E cabinets were manufactured only in the tweed covering.

Thanks for asking.

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2000 2:05 pm    

Dave My son has one that he may want to sell. It is in good condition. I will find out if he wants to sell it and if so how much.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2000 4:37 am    

These speaker cabs were sold by Hogan Music,
in Newbury England. I beleive Gerry had a deal with Peavey U.K. to factory fit 4ohm 1502 speakers. they were not all that common over here,but I did see a couple of players use them.I took the amp section out of my Nashville and use it only as a cab, I then got an empty Nashville cab from Peavey and fitted a 1502 ,giving me a matched pair. it worked out a lot cheaper . I run thru a profex into a Studiomaster 750 into the cabs
If all else fails contact Gerry ,at Hogan Music he might know where to lay his hands on some Malcolm McMaster