The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Goodrich Answers?
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 11:29 am    

This initial dispute could very easily be cleared up by Goodrich if they would answer a couple of simple questions:
(1)If they are using chips, what are the numbers on those chips?
(2) What type of device is used to hold the pedal in position when your foot is removed?
For the good of the lambs buying expensive electronic equipment to improve our sound through honest companies, please respond.
Skip the politics.
Thankyou
Dennis

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 11:48 am    

I don't believe the Goodrich's are online to defend themselves but could be mistaken. Even if they were, they probably wouldn't.

What I get from all this jibberish is that Keith either MUST have seen and examined the internals of one of these new Goodrich pedals or he has set himself up for a very hefty lawsuit for defamation of character.

What difference do the chip numbers make? As far as I know anyone can use any chip they want for anything they want. A circuit entailing many chips connected in ONE specific way however, MIGHT be patentable.

Can you patent a device that holds a pedal in position, and if so, why bother? Dekley used two setscrews pressing two pieces of nylon rod against the pivot shaft. Fender used Nylock nuts on their two pivot bolts. Two completely independantly conceived ideas, but patentable? I doubt it!

In any event, I don't believe this internationally open forum is the place to be slinging poisonous darts and arrows. If there really is a case, let the lawyers take care of it and tell us the outcome, if there is one, when it's over.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 12:21 pm    

My concern here is for the buyer and not the seller. If one of us buys a Goodrich pedal next week and a law suit results in patent infringements, I doubt that Goodrich can legally repair them or replace a faulty one??
Dennis

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 12:26 pm    

Goodrich has always stood behind all of their products, as have all the steel-related manufacturers that I'm aware of. We as consumers have little to worry about in this self-proclaimed war.

Steve Feldman

Central MA USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2000 12:32 pm    

Quote:
This initial dispute could very easily be cleared up by Goodrich if they would answer a couple of simple questions:...

With all due respect, I don't think that the Forum is the place to clear any of this up. In fact, in spite of the fact that this topic may be of great interest to us, I don't even think this it the proper place to air these types of grievences let alone to adjudicate them.

[This message was edited by Steve Feldman on 26 August 2000 at 01:33 PM.]

Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2000 5:12 pm    

Everyone .....

Please read Mr Hilton's reply back to me (in another tread which is now locked by the moderator. "Hilton vs Goodrich") when I asked about the buyer of a product being open for a law suite. I feel that Mr. Hilton has more than assured me that he is NOT concerned about the end user of such a product !!

His main concern is that his product may have been cloned. Whereas I agree with him, If this is the case, he is totally within his rights to pursue a stop order of the offending product.

Things got heated up in a fast clip here on the forumn, and I too, got caught up in the fray. I attempted to delete my post later but by that time the moderator wisely decided to lock the tread. I appolize to Mr. Hilton if anything I said may have caused him any harm due to my lack of thinking before I stupidly stuck my foot in my mouth

Perhaps, now is the time for us to leave him along and let him persue this issue in a legal manner of his choseing. I am sure he will let us know the outcome if it.

Again Mr. Hilton....

If I have caused you any problem in this matter, I do appoligze most hightly.

[This message was edited by Bill Crook on 27 August 2000 at 06:15 PM.]

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2000 6:54 pm    

We've closed two topics regarding this, and now I'm going to invoke "executive privilege" and close this one as well.

The Forum is not the correct place for this discussion. The parties should settle their dispute in private or in court. It could get costly for us if Forum files were brought into a court battle. We want to avoid that.

------------------

-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator